You are going to love this banana bread recipe because it's such a moist and hearty loaf of bread!
The addition of the cacao nibs and the cranberries really elevates it with that pop of sweetness and chocolate deliciousness.
What I love about this bread is just how moist it is. It's also got a nice hint of chocolate with the cacao nibs and extra sweetness from the dried cranberries.
It's a great breakfast, snack, or dessert. Basically, what I'm saying is I had three pieces of this bread yesterday.
Enjoy this delicious banana bread recipe!
Yield: 8 slices of bread
Banana Bread with Cacao Nibs
This easy banana bread recipe is elevated with the addition of cacao nibs and dried cranberries.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 1 hour
Total Time 1 hour 10 minutes
- 4 ripe bananas
- ⅓ cup melted butter
- 1 egg
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup cacao nibs
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 C). Grease a 4 x 8 inch bread pan.
- Combine bananas and melted butter in a bowl. Using a fork, mash the bananas.
- Add the egg, sugar, vanilla extract, and baking powder and stir to mix.
- Add the flour and stir to combine. Then add the cacao nibs and cranberries and stir to combine.
- Add mixture to the bread pan and bake for 55 minutes to 1 hour, or until the top is golden brown.
- Let the bread cool before removing it from the pan.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 308Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 43mgSodium: 133mgCarbohydrates: 50gFiber: 3gSugar: 24gProtein: 5g
Monday 4th of April 2016
Delicious, Emily. Could not find nibs so I used Dark Choco chips. :-) Will make again!. Thanks Michelle in AD
Tuesday 5th of April 2016
Awesome! Glad to know you liked it :)
Sunday 13th of March 2016
Yum! Love how you got creative with a basic banana bread!
Monday 14th of March 2016