Cherry Strawberry Crisp
This cherry strawberry crisp recipe is perfect for a crowd! It's a seriously good summer dessert that's easy to make - the summer berry flavor really shines. It's even better topped with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
It took all my will-power to actually take photos of this crisp before digging in to enjoy! I've never really met a crumble or a crisp I didn't like, and this recipe does not disappoint.
When deciding what to name this recipe, I learned the difference between a cobbler, crumble, and crisp. Apparently a crumble and crisp are often interchangeable, but the actual difference is that crisp toppings contain oats which get crispier. Cobblers are topped with a biscuit mixture while crumbles and crisps have a cereal or granola-like topping.
I hope you enjoy this rich and fruity dessert!
- 1 pound dark, sweet cherries, pitted and halved
- 2 pounds strawberries, quartered
- 1 1/2 cups light brown sugar, divided
- 12 tablespoons (1 1/2 sticks) chilled butter, cut into pats
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped fine
Want to use the same ingredients and tools that I do?