These delicious gluten-free flourless brownies are made with just a few simple ingredients!
You'll love their chewy texture and rich flavor.
If you like a richly flavored fudgy brownie, then you've got to try this recipe!
These are the best brownies for folks looking for a gluten-free option or a naturally sugar-free option.
Here's what you'll need to make these fudgy flourless brownies.
- Dark Chocolate
- Whole Eggs
- Kosher Salt
- Optional - Pistachios and Raspberries for topping
See the recipe card for quantities.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Line a 9x13-inch baking pan with parchment paper.
Melt 12 ounces of chocolate in a water bath or in the microwave. Reserve the remaining for the topping.
Separate the egg yolks from the whites.
Pour the egg yolks over the chocolate after it has melted. Whisk or stir with a spatula until the ingredients are combined.
In a medium mixing bowl, beat the egg whites and salt until they are fluffy and can form peaks.
Add the egg white whip to the chocolate mixture. Using a spatula or wooden spoon, stir till the ingredients are combined.
Pour the chocolate batter into the pan. Roughly chop the remaining dark chocolate and sprinkle it on top of the batter.
Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
Allow to cool for 10 minutes before cutting.
Optional - top with pistachios and raspberries
More Great Dessert Recipes
Check out our full post of healthy desserts or try some of these other wonderful chocolate recipes.
- Dark Chocolate Watermelon - this tasty treat combines fresh watermelon with melted dark chocolate.
- Chocolate Chia Seed Pudding - this tasty and healthy dessert is a chocolatey treat!
- Banana Oat Muffins - these delicious muffins make a great snack or dessert.
Substitutions & Variations
Want to make some changes to this recipe? Here are some optional ingredients you can swap.
- Vanilla - if you'd like to add some vanilla flavor, add up to 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract to the batter before baking.
- Sugar - if you'd like this recipe to be a bit sweeter, feel free to add anywhere from 2 tablespoons to ¼ cup coconut sugar or brown sugar to the batter.
- Chocolate - you can use dark chocolate chips or chunks as long as they melt.
- Salt - you can top the brownies with flaky sea salt as well.
Brownies will keep for up to 4 days at room temperature when stored in an airtight container at room temperature. They'll keep for up to a week in the refrigerator or up to 6 months in the freezer.
Tips for Making this Recipe
Links on some posts are affiliate links and as an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Cooking Tips - You can test the doneness of your brownies with a toothpick test. Stick the toothpick in the center of the brownie and if it comes out clean, the brownies are cooked through.
Serving Suggestions - you can serve these delicious flourless chocolate brownies with fresh berries, a dollop of whipped cream, or a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
If you try this recipe, let us know! Connect with us on Instagram and share your photos or leave us a rating.
- 14 ounces dark chocolate, divided
- 4 large eggs
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- Optional - ¼ cup roughly chopped pistachios and raspberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a 9x13-inch pan with parchment paper.
- Melt 12 ounces of chocolate in a water bath or in the microwave. Reserve the remaining for the topping.
- Separate the egg yolks from the whites.
- Pour the egg yolks over the chocolate after it has melted. Whisk or stir with a spatula until the ingredients are combined.
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat the egg whites and salt until they are fluffy and can form peaks.
- Add the egg white whip to the chocolate mixture. Using a spatula or wooden spoon, stir till the ingredients are combined.
- Pour the chocolate batter into the pan. Roughly chop the remaining dark chocolate and sprinkle it on top of the batter.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Allow brownies to cool for 10 minutes before cutting.
- Optional - top with pistachios and raspberries
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 220Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 65mgSodium: 96mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 3gSugar: 16gProtein: 4g