This orzo salad with shredded chicken, bell peppers, olives, and a wholegrain mustard dressing is such a wonderful lunch recipe!
It’s so fresh and has a wonderful crunch from the bell peppers. It's a great recipe to take to a potluck or on a picnic as it travels well.
Why You'll Love this Orzo and Chicken Salad
This dish has awesome Mediterranean flavors - the tangy olives really take it over the top. Plus the whole grain mustard dressing is phenomenal.
This salad reheats well and the recipe makes 6 servings, so it's perfect for making on the weekend and taking to work all week.
It's so important to have dishes like this that can be pulled together quickly on a weeknight for dinner. I know sometimes I come home so tired I don't really want to think about making a time-consuming recipe and then doing the dishes (I’m guessing you feel the same way sometimes) - it's so tempting to just order delivery.
That’s why recipes like this - ready in 25 minutes + full of flavor - are essential to have in your arsenal.
I hope you enjoy this orzo and chicken recipe!
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked orzo
- 2 cups cooked, shredded chicken
- 4 bell peppers, diced
- 15 olives, sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons wholegrain mustard
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Boil a large pot of water, for the orzo. Salt the water and cook orzo according to package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, combine the chicken, bell peppers, green onions, and parsley in a large bowl. Add the orzo and stir it all together.
- Mix the mustard, lemon juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper in a small bowl.
- Add the dressing to the salad and serve immediately or save in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 346Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 34mgSodium: 522mgCarbohydrates: 50gFiber: 4gSugar: 4gProtein: 20g