This slow cooker vegan veggie stew is hearty and healthy. It's a simple meal that you'll love for its rich flavors.
This slow cooker vegan veggie soup recipe is a riff off of ratatouille. I've cut down a bit on the eggplant and punched up the tomatoes. Ratatouille requires letting the eggplant release most of its moisture before cooking, but because this is a stew, we want that moisture and we can just toss the eggplant in. This is a really simple, fast prep meal - and the long cook time means you can set this for overnight or right before you head off to work.
In case you are in the market for a new slow cooker, we use and really recommend this All Clad Slow Cooker. This one is only 4-quart, but they make them larger as well!
This veggie soup is super healthy and has great flavor! It freezes well, so feel free to double this recipe if you've got a large slow cooker.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 yellow onions, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 (15 oz) cans whole peeled tomatoes
- 1 large zucchini, cubed
- 1 medium eggplant, cubed
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- ½ cup roughly chopped parsley
- pinch of salt & pepper
- Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a frying pan. Add the garlic and saute for 30 seconds, then add the onion and saute for 2 minutes, or until the onion is transparent.
- Add the garlic and onion to a slow cooker with the tomatoes, zucchini, eggplant, and bell pepper.
- Cook on low for 8 hours or on high for 4 hours.
- Stir in the parsley before serving, reserving some for garnish.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 125Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 29mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 6gSugar: 9gProtein: 3g