The Detox Crunch Salad
This detox crunch salad recipe is full of all the best ingredients - grapes, apples, carrots, walnuts, pomegranate seeds, cranberries and more. It's a delicious, flavorful meal when you're craving a healthy, fresh lunch or dinner!
This crunchy, healthy salad was inspired by a weekend of overconsumption. Part of my previous job was to plan big events, and I was in the midst of one that was a doozy - it consisted of several lunches and dinners over a 3 day period, and I found myself overeating incredibly rich, catered hotel food. At first, it's fun, and then you think, oh dear, please do not present me with another fried shrimp or crab rangoon - because I will eat it, and then feel terrible!
After running the final event, I willed myself to order the healthiest thing the hotel offered - which was a 'detox' salad. It inspired my Detox Crunch Salad in that it got its crunch from apples and celery. It got me thinking about a salad I could make for the post-holiday season, when we're all perhaps feeling a little uncomfortably full and trying to forget the exact number of cookies we consumed.
I hope you enjoy this healthy, detox crunch salad! It's just what I needed this week!
- 3 cups seedless grapes, halved
- 3 apples, diced (I used Honeycrisp)
- 2 cups roughly chopped greens (I used baby romaine)
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 2 small carrots, sliced into rounds
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/2 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup pistachios, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup dried currants (or raisins)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- pinch of salt & pepper
Nutrition Information per serving