Easy Mediterranean Chicken Salad
This Mediterranean chicken salad is everything you need in an easy, quick weeknight meal. It's full of delicious flavors - artichokes, bell peppers, beans, chickpeas - it has everything. It's also incredibly filling and makes 8 servings, so you can save some for lunch the next day!
I learned a little trick from the deli/grocery near our house - they have a salad bar and they chop all the ingredients after they assemble your salad. It makes each bite flavorful, because you taste all the ingredients. I love their salads so I've started recreating this little trick at home. Instead of chopping it all up once I'm done, I start with little pieces to begin with. It takes a little longer to assemble on the front end, but I guarantee it's worth it!
I hope you enjoy this easy meal that's full of fresh flavors! I've also made this with a mustard based dressing as well - if you'd like to try it, just add two tablespoons of wholegrain mustard to the dressing listed below. It adds a little kick. Let me know if you have other fun dressing ideas for this salad - I'd love to try them!
- 2 cooked chicken breasts, shredded
- 1 (14 ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14 ounce) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 large cucumber, finely chopped
- 2 red bell peppers, finely chopped
- 1 cup olives (I used kalamata and picholine), diced
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichokes, drained and rinsed
- 10 ounces mixed greens, roughly chopped
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- juice of 2 lemons