This viral TikTok recipe for pesto eggs is wildly flavorful. The eggs are fried in a layer of pesto sauce and served with a spread of goat cheese on some crusty toast.
This recipe is easy to make and results in a wonderful breakfast or brunch!
Why You've Got to Try this Pesto Eggs Recipe
This awesome egg recipe was shared by Amy Wilichowski (@amywilichowski) on TikTok and has gone wildly viral. It's been viewed over 8 million times!
The pesto adds a massive flavor boost to traditional fried eggs. Instead of using oil or butter to cook your eggs, you spread a thin layer of pesto in a frying pan and cook the eggs slowly till they have nice crispy edges, but a still runny center.
They're delicious served on toast (or on their own!) with a layer or cheese or mashed avocado. You can top them with seasoning blends like dukkah or everything but the bagel seasoning or some fresh herbs.
Ingredients You'll Need
It's super easy to make this recipe. All you really have to have is two eggs and two tablespoons of pesto.
If you'd like to serve the eggs on toast, we recommend two slices of sourdough, 2 ounces of herby goat's cheese, some salt, ground pepper, and red pepper flakes.
Other Easy Breakfast Recipes to Try
If you like delicious breakfast recipes like this one, check out some of our other favorites.
- 6 Kinds of Toast! - some of our favorite sweet and savory toast recipes
- Ramp Omelet - eggs, feta, and ramps combine for a comforting, delicious breakfast
- Chocolate Baked Oats - blender oats baked to a cake-like texture
Tips for this Recipe
Cooking Tips - Make sure to cook your eggs on medium heat. Too hot and the white will burn before the yolk sets and too low heat will result in a rubbery egg white.
Recommended Tools - We recommend cooking this in a non-stick frying pan that's at least 9 inches across.
Storing Tips - This recipe is best served fresh, but the cooked egg will keep in the refrigerator for up to three days. Reheat it in a frying pan (not the microwave).
Diet/Allergy Alternatives - You can sub out the cheese for mashed avocado if you'd like to keep this dairy-free.
- 2 tablespoons pesto
- 2 eggs
- pinch of kosher salt
- pinch of ground black pepper
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- 2 pieces sourdough bread
- 2 ounces herbed goat's cheese
- Heat a medium frying pan over medium heat. Once hot, spread the pesto in a thin layer across the pan.
- When the pesto is warm, crack the eggs into the pan. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Cook the eggs for 4 to 5 minutes or until the whites are set and no longer translucent.
- Meanwhile, toast the bread and spread the goat cheese on it.
- Remove the eggs from the pan and place them on the toast.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 365Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 196mgSodium: 640mgCarbohydrates: 35gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 18g