This recipe for blueberry baked oats is a luscious and tasty breakfast. The oats are blended so that when they bake they take on a more cake-like texture.
These oats are topped with blueberries for a fruity, flavorful dish. Perfect for anyone who has a breakfast sweet tooth!
Why You’ll Love Blended Baked Oats
Baked oats has become a huge TikTok trend. By blending the oats, you essentially create oat flour – so while this recipe has all the goodness of oatmeal, it comes out looking like cake!
This recipe is vegan and is perfect for plant-based eaters or anyone who wants a healthy, but still sweet breakfast.
Ingredients for Chocolate Baked Oats
For this recipe, you’ll need a cup of rolled oats, a very ripe banana, 1 cup of almond milk (or any other plant milk),a teaspoon of baking powder, 1 teaspoon chai spice (or ground cinnamon), 2 tablespoons maple syrup, and some 1/3 cup frozen blueberries.
How to Make this Recipe
Blend – You’ll blend the oats, milk, banana, baking powder, chai spice, and maple syrup until they are fully combined and the oats have broken down.
Pour – Split the oat mixture between two ramekins or small baking dishes and top with blueberries.
Bake – Bake the oats for 30 minutes in a 375 degree oven.
More Breakfast Recipes to Try
Love a sweet breakfast recipe? Try some of our other favorites!
- Almond Milk Pancakes Recipe – fluffy pancakes made with almond milk and topped with an optional blueberry compote.
- Chocolate Baked Oats – baked oats with dark chocolate chunks and cocoa.
- Magic Shell Smoothie Bowl – a strawberry banana smoothie topped with a chocolate shell.
Tips for Making this Recipe
Links on some posts are affiliate links and as an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Cooking Tips – If your oats look too moist after 30 minutes of cooking, give them an additional 5 minutes in the oven.
Specialty Ingredients – We used old-fashioned rolled oats for this recipe. You can use instant oats as well, but we do not recommend steel-cut oats.
Recommended Tools – We used these 10-ounce ramekins to make this recipe.
Storing Tips – Once baked, the oats will keep in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat them in a microwave or the oven. They are best served warm!
If you try this recipe, let us know! Connect with us on Instagram and share your photos or leave us a rating.
- 1 cup of rolled oats
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 cup of almond milk
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon chai spice (or ground cinnamon)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/3 cup frozen blueberries.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Blend the oats, milk, banana, baking powder, chai spice, and maple syrup in a high-speed blender until they are fully combined and the oats have broken down - about 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Split the oat mixture between two 10 ounce ramekins or small baking dishes and top with blueberries.
- Bake the oats for 30 minutes.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 300Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 254mgCarbohydrates: 62gFiber: 7gSugar: 25gProtein: 7g