This viral TikTok recipe for a magic shell smoothie bowl is super fun to make!
It’s a delicious snack, breakfast, or dessert that you’ve got to try.
What is a magic shell smoothie bowl?
The magic shell smoothie bowl trend started on TikTok when Halle Burns (@ballehurns) shared a viral video that’s been viewed over 8 million times.
The smoothie bowl is made by creating a thick fruit smoothie and then topping it with a chocolate coconut oil mixture that quickly hardens to create a shell.
Ingredients You’ll Need
It’s super easy to make this smoothie bowl.
All you’ll need is two cups of your favorite frozen fruit (I used banana and strawberry), 1/2 cup of almond or oat milk, 2 tablespoons coconut oil, 2 tablespoons cacao or cocoa powder, and 2 teaspoons honey or agave.
Other Recipes With Fruit You’ll Love
If you love fruit and chocolate recipes, check out some of our other favorites.
- Pomegranate Dark Chocolate Bites – an easy, three-ingredient dessert that’s super popular!
- Fruit and Nut Dark Chocolate Bites – two-bite treats made with dark chocolate and your favorite trail mix.
- Peanut Butter Stuffed Chocolate Covered Dates – pitted dates stuffed with PB and then dipped in chocolate and chopped nuts.
Tips for this Recipe
- Once you’ve blended your smoothie, you’ll need to work quickly as it will begin melting. So have all your magic shell ingredients out on the counter, measured out before you start blending the smoothie!
- For the vegan version of this recipe – use agave or cane sugar, instead of honey.
- You can use any frozen fruit you like to make your smoothie, but if you use fresh fruit the smoothie will be too loose and the magic shell will sink to the bottom when you pour it on.
- 2 cups frozen fruit (we used strawberries and a banana)
- 1/2 cup almond or oat milk
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons cacao or cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons honey or agave
- Melt the coconut oil in a microwave. It usually takes 30 seconds. Set aside
- Combine the fruit and milk in a high-speed blender and blend for 2 minutes or until combined.
- Spread the smoothie out in a bowl.
- Stir together the melted coconut oil, cacao powder, and honey till fully combined. Pour it over the smoothie and use a spoon to spread it across the top.
- Let the chocolate harden for 45 seconds to 1 minute.
- Break the chocolate shell with a spoon and enjoy your smoothie!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 531Total Fat: 30gSaturated Fat: 23gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 8mgCarbohydrates: 64gFiber: 10gSugar: 38gProtein: 6g