These delicious fruit and nut dark chocolate bites are a healthier way to enjoy a chocolatey dessert! They’re easy to make and require only a few simple ingredients.
Super Easy Healthy Desserts
This recipe is a very easy and healthy way to enjoy dessert. Want other super easy, healthy dessert options? Check out a few of my favorites below.
- Dark Chocolate Pomegranate Bites – this is the most popular recipe on This Healthy Table and for good reason – they’re super easy to make and a gorgeous little treat.
- Peanut Butter Stuffed Chocolate Covered Dates – this recipe is caramel + PB + chocolate deliciousness.
- Tahini Chocolate Dipped Watermelon Wedges – I just love this recipe – the combination of flavors is incredible.
- Grilled Pineapple with Lime Mint Sauce – this recipe is a fruity and delicious combination of mint, sugar, and grilled pineapple that yields a surprising depth of flavor.
Tips to Make these Dark Chocolate Bites
Overall, this is a really easy recipe, but I have two tips that I want you to know.
First, use high-quality chocolate – since it plays such an integral role, make sure to get the good stuff. How do you know if it’s good? Poor quality chocolate often tastes waxy (think Hershey’s), while good quality chocolate will taste smooth and will melt in your hand. For reference, I usually try to use Lindt dark chocolate.
Second, buy a good trail mix for this recipe. Try to find something interesting with a mixture of nuts, seeds, and dried fruit. If there’s nothing beyond the basic peanut mixes in the snack aisle of your grocery store, check the bulk section or the “health food” part of the store – they will probably have something more interesting.
For this recipe, I made 16 chocolate bites – but you can make as many as you want. It scales up quite easily!
- 12 ounces dark chocolate chips
- 4 ounces high-quality trail mix
- Lay out a large piece of parchment paper.
- Melt the dark chocolate in the microwave for 1 to 2 minutes. Do not let the chocolate burn, check every 30 seconds.
- Scoop one tablespoon of chocolate onto the parchment paper and using your spoon, swirl it into a circle.
- Top with the trail mix - ideally a mixture of fruit, nuts, and seeds. Let cool until chocolate has hardened.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 300Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 4mgSodium: 27mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 4gSugar: 24gProtein: 4g