These peanut butter stuffed chocolate covered dates are dipped in dark chocolate and finely chopped almonds and pistachios. They’re a delicious, guilt-free dessert! Dates are essentially caramel in a slightly healthier format, and PB and caramel are an awesome combo, so you know this recipe is going to taste great!
What Makes These PB Stuffed Dates Great
These dates covered in chocolate and stuffed with peanut butter are so easy to make. They’re a great little treat or snack and they travel well – so you can take them as a hostess gift or to a dinner party. With just a few ingredients, you can create a refined, delicious, and unusual dessert. They’re easily customizable, so you can add a different type of chopped nuts or even sprinkles. You could also dip them fully in chocolate, instead of just half of them as pictured.
This recipe is naturally vegan and gluten-free!
What You’ll Need to Make these Dates Covered in Chocolate
You need just a few ingredients for this recipe – Medjool dates, peanut butter, dark chocolate, pistachios, and almonds.
How to Make Peanut Butter Chocolate Dates
- Prep the dates. Cut the dates down the center lengthwise and remove the pit.
- Stuff the dates. Fill each date with 1 teaspoon of peanut butter.
- Add the chocolate and nuts. Melt the dark chocolate and heap the nuts out in a pile on a cutting board. Dip half of each date in the melted chocolate and then dip in either the pistachios or the almonds.
- Let them harden. Place dates on a piece of parchment or wax paper. Refrigerate for 20 minutes before serving.
Other Healthy-ish Chocolate Treats You’ll Love
- Healthier 2-Ingredient Peanut Butter Cups
- Fruit and Nut Dark Chocolate Bites
- Healthy Dark Chocolate Popcorn Balls
- Vegan Chocolate Milkshake
I hope you enjoy these delicious peanut butter stuffed dates!
- 12 Medjool dates
- 12 teaspoons peanut butter
- 3.5 ounces (100 grams) dark chocolate
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped pistachios
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped almonds
- Cut the dates down the center lengthwise and remove the pit.
- Fill each date with 1 teaspoon of peanut butter.
- Melt the dark chocolate and heap the nuts out in a pile on a cutting board.
- Dip half of each date in the melted chocolate and then dip in either the pistachios or the almonds.
- Place dates on a piece of parchment or wax paper.
- Refrigerate for 20 minutes before serving.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 264Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 91mgCarbohydrates: 43gFiber: 5gSugar: 35gProtein: 5g