This pomegranate dark chocolate bites recipe is ridiculously simple and delicious. We are talking three very simple ingredients (chocolate, pomegranates, and sea salt), minimal prep time, and maximum flavor.
Pomegranate + Dark Chocolate + Sea Salt + 5 to 8 minutes of your time = fabulous little treats!
Why You’ll Love These Pomegranate Dark Chocolate Bites
These are a perfect, easy treat to make for a holiday party or other festive event! They’re also a gorgeous little dessert to make for yourself as well. They’re a great way to enjoy a healthier dessert. These bites are:
- juicy & flavorful
- easy to make
- sweet + salty
Delicious Pomegranate Recipes
Looking for other pomegranate recipes? Here are a few of my favorites:
- Pomegranate Margarita Recipe (a classic marg with pomegranate juice – delish!)
- Healthy Dark Chocolate Treats (has pomegranates, pistachios, and orange zest!)
- The Detox Crunch Salad (has pomegranates plus tons of other fresh fruit!)
Tips for this Recipe
- Make sure you use high-quality chocolate for this recipe. For this recipe, I used a Lindt dark chocolate bar
- I used a Nordic Ware muffin pan for this recipe. I use Nordic Ware almost exclusively for all my baking pans and cookie sheets – they’re great quality, durable, and affordable.
- Pomegranates are in season, in the Northern Hemisphere, September to February (Aussies, sorry, you have to wait until March).
- These bites need to be kept in the refrigerator before serving.
- Here’s an easy way to remove pomegranate arils.
- This little treat would make a great Valentine’s Day gift!
- 2 1/2 cups pomegranate seeds
- 5.25 ounces (150 grams) high-quality dark chocolate
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- Across 12 muffin cups, sprinkle a single layer of pomegranate seeds.
- Melt the dark chocolate in a small bowl in the microwave. Check often to make sure it’s not burning.
- Add the melted dark chocolate to a piping bag or plastic bag. Snip off the end, so a small stream of chocolate can come out.
- Pipe a crisscross pattern of chocolate across the pomegranate seeds. Add another layer of pomegranate seeds, then more chocolate, and then the last layer of pomegranate seeds.
- Finish with a pinch of sea salt on each of the pomegranate chocolate bites.
- Refrigerate for at least one hour before serving. After removing from the fridge, serve immediately.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 98Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 533mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 2gSugar: 11gProtein: 1g