This pomegranate dark chocolate bites recipe is ridiculously simple and delicious.
We are talking three very simple ingredients (chocolate, pomegranates, and sea salt), minimal prep time, and maximum flavor.
Pomegranate + Dark Chocolate + Sea Salt + 5 to 8 minutes of your time = fabulous little treats!
Why You'll Love These Pomegranate Dark Chocolate Bites
These are a perfect, easy treat to make for a holiday party or other festive event!
They’re also a gorgeous little dessert to make for yourself as well. They’re a great way to enjoy a healthier dessert. These bites are:
- juicy & flavorful
- easy to make
- sweet + salty
Delicious Pomegranate Recipes
Looking for other pomegranate recipes? Here are a few of my favorites:
- Pomegranate Margarita Recipe (a classic marg with pomegranate juice - delish!)
- Healthy Dark Chocolate Treats (has pomegranates, pistachios, and orange zest!)
- The Detox Crunch Salad (has pomegranates plus tons of other fresh fruit!)
More Dark Chocolate Desserts
If you like dark chocolate, check out some of our other dessert recipes you'll love.
- Healthy Dark Chocolate Popcorn Balls - healthier popcorn balls with a delicious chocolate drizzle
- Dark Chocolate Citrus Peels - a gorgeous treat that makes a great hostess gift
- Peanut Butter Stuffed Chocolate Dates - an easy treat that's caramel and chocolate deliciousness.
Tips for this Recipe
Links on some posts are affiliate links and as an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Make sure you use high-quality chocolate for this recipe. For this recipe, I used a Lindt dark chocolate bar
- You can either use a muffin tin and paper muffin cups for this recipe or silicone muffin cups.
- These bites need to be kept in the refrigerator before serving. They can also be frozen - keep them in an airtight container for up to 3 months in the freezer.
- Here’s an easy way to remove pomegranate arils.
- These little treats would make a great Valentine's Day gift, Christmas gift, or hostess gift!
- 2 ½ cups pomegranate seeds
- 5.25 ounces (150 grams) high-quality dark chocolate
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- Across 12 muffin cups, sprinkle a single layer of pomegranate seeds.
- Melt the dark chocolate in a small bowl in the microwave. Check often to make sure it’s not burning.
- Add the melted dark chocolate to a piping bag or plastic bag. Snip off the end, so a small stream of chocolate can come out.
- Pipe a crisscross pattern of chocolate across the pomegranate seeds. Add another layer of pomegranate seeds, then more chocolate, and then the last layer of pomegranate seeds.
- Finish with a pinch of sea salt on each of the pomegranate chocolate bites.
- Refrigerate for at least one hour before serving. After removing from the fridge, serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 98Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 533mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 2gSugar: 11gProtein: 1g
How to Choose the Best Pomegranates
The best pomegranates are a dark pink to dark red color and have firm, unblemished skin. If they have soft spots, obvious bruises, or dimpled skin they are past their prime. If they are a light pink color it means they were picked before their prime and will likely be bitter.
When are Pomegranates in Season
Pomegranate season is actually quite short - it usually just lasts from September to November. However, pomegranates keep for several weeks so are often good well into January.