These healthy dark chocolate popcorn balls are a delicious, healthy dessert recipe! If you like popcorn, dark chocolate, and peanut butter - then these little treats are for you.
What Makes These Healthy Popcorn Balls?
Most popcorn balls are made with corn syrup and are loaded with fat and sugar. Popcorn balls can be made healthier by using the right ingredients.
This recipe uses butter, peanut butter, and honey to mimic the “stickiness” of corn syrup. They’re a little trickier to get to stay together, but I have two easy tips.
If you find the mixture just doesn’t want to stay together, use an extra two tablespoons of honey or wet your hands with cold water before you form the balls.
This recipe is easy to double or triple if you need a big batch. You can also make the balls smaller - for 12 bite-size balls.
I hope you enjoy this healthy popcorn balls recipe.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup honey (more if necessary)
- 4 cups popped popcorn
- 3 ounces dark chocolate
- Heat the butter, peanut butter, and honey in a small saucepan over medium heat for one to two minutes until all ingredients are combined. Stir regularly.
- Combine the popcorn and butter mixture in a large bowl. Use your hands to make sure the popcorn is fully covered.
- Use your hands to create 6 evenly sized balls. Place on a cookie sheet or parchment paper.
- Melt the dark chocolate in the microwave. Drizzle the chocolate over the popcorn balls.
- Refrigerate the popcorn balls for 20 minutes and serve.
If the popcorn is not sticking together, wet your hands with cold water before pressing together each ball. Also, use up to 2 tablespoons more honey, if necessary.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 247Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 11mgSodium: 126mgCarbohydrates: 26gFiber: 2gSugar: 19gProtein: 4g