This recipe for roasted squash and grapes is an elegant and delicious side dish for the holidays or other special meals.
Why You Should Make Roasted Squash & Grapes
This side dish is a real treat - the roasted grapes are wonderfully sweet and juicy and the Delicata squash just melts in your mouth. This recipe showcases some of autumn's best produce.
I find Delicata squash is easier to use than butternut because you don't have to peel it! All you have to do is slice it and cook. Even though this recipe takes 35 minutes, only 10 minutes of it is hands-on time.
More Delicata Squash Recipes
If you like delicata squash, you should try this Winter Squash Tart. This Parmesan Crusted Delicata Squash recipe from Skinnytaste looks easy and delicious. Also, this Delicata Squash Bake with Tahini Sauce from Minimalist Baker looks fabulous!
I'd recommend you make this recipe day of - it certainly will keep in the fridge for a day or two, but I didn't think it was *as good* as when it was still warm from the oven. The squash seems to break down a bit too much with reheating.
- 1 ½ pounds grapes
- 2 delicata squash
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 ounces parmesan cheese, shredded
- ¼ cup pepitas
- pinch of salt & pepper
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Cut the squash into rounds (no need to peel!) and remove all seeds. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and place on a rimmed baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Pull the grapes apart so they are in small clusters. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and place on a rimmed baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast the grapes (on the upper rack) and the squash (on the lower rack) in the oven for 15 minutes. Remove and flip the squash pieces over. Continue roasting grapes for another 6 to 8 minutes, or until the grapes are near bursting. Roast the squash for an additional 10 to 15 minutes or until browned and tender.
- Place the grapes and squash on a large platter and sprinkle with cheese, pepitas, and an additional pinch of salt and pepper. Drizzle with the balsamic vinegar and serve.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 253Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 7mgSodium: 177mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 3gSugar: 20gProtein: 6g