Looking for the best gin cocktail recipes? We’re sharing our 9 favorite gin drinks – some are classics and others are unusual flavor blends, but we guarantee all of them are delicious.
Gin cocktails can be an acquired taste. Usually, people are familiar with a classic gin and tonic but they may not stray beyond that into the more interesting gin drinks.
Gin-based cocktails can be incredibly layered and flavorful. They’re also often quite beautiful, as evidenced by the cocktails below, which could all easily be a signature cocktail at a party or holiday dinner.
If you’re a cocktail fan or just looking for some new ways to use gin, I think you’ll love these delicious, cocktails with gin.
Simple Gin Cocktail Recipes
There are some wonderful classic gin cocktails that are easy to make. Here are some simple gin cocktails:
- Gin Martini – Combine 2 3/4 ounces gin with 3/4 ounce dry vermouth in a glass with ice, stir, and strain into a chilled glass.
- Gin Gimlet – Combine gin with fresh lime juice and simple syrup in a shaker with ice, shake like crazy, then strain into a glass.
- Negroni – Combine equal parts gin, Campari, and sweet vermouth in a glass with ice, stir, and strain into a glass with one large ice cube.
- French 75 – Combine gin with lemon and top with champagne!
- The Vesper (the James Bond cocktail) – Combine 3 ounces gin, 1 ounce vodka, 1⁄2 ounce Lillet with ice. Strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
Our Recommended Cocktail Recipe Books
If you like these recipes, I think you’ll like these books: The Art of Mixology: Classic Cocktails and Curious Concoctions, The Aviary Cocktail Book, and The New Cocktail Hour: The Essential Guide to Hand-Crafted Drinks.
Need more cocktail inspiration? Check out our gift guide for cocktail lovers.
We hope you enjoyed these cocktails with gin and the cocktail creators who contributed them. What are your favorite gin cocktails? Let us know in the comments below!