Looking for the best gin cocktail recipes? We're sharing our 9 favorite gin drinks - some are classics and others are unusual flavor blends, but we guarantee all of them are delicious.
Gin cocktails can be an acquired taste. Usually, people are familiar with a classic gin and tonic but they may not stray beyond that into the more interesting gin drinks.
Gin-based cocktails can be incredibly layered and flavorful. They're also often quite beautiful, as evidenced by the cocktails below, which could all easily be a signature cocktail at a party or holiday dinner.
If you're a cocktail fan or just looking for some new ways to use gin, I think you’ll love these delicious, cocktails with gin.
Simple Gin Cocktail Recipes
There are some wonderful classic gin cocktails that are easy to make. Here are some simple gin cocktails:
- Gin Martini - Combine 2 ¾ ounces gin with ¾ ounce dry vermouth in a glass with ice, stir, and strain into a chilled glass.
- Gin Gimlet - Combine gin with fresh lime juice and simple syrup in a shaker with ice, shake like crazy, then strain into a glass.
- Negroni - Combine equal parts gin, Campari, and sweet vermouth in a glass with ice, stir, and strain into a glass with one large ice cube.
- French 75 - Combine gin with lemon and top with champagne!
- The Vesper (the James Bond cocktail) - Combine 3 ounces gin, 1 ounce vodka, 1⁄2 ounce Lillet with ice. Strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
Fennel and Grapefruit Gin and Tonic
This delicious gin and tonic combines fennel, grapefruit, and black peppercorns for a G&T you'll never forget! It hits all the right flavor combinations for a refreshing and unique drink.
Rhubarb and Ginger Gin
Enjoy this fruity rhubarb and ginger gin on its own, or mixed as a long drink. A deliciously different tipple that’s easy to make and easier to enjoy.
Blood Orange Elderflower Gin Cocktail
The refreshing elderflower gin cocktail gets a pop of color and flavor from the addition of blood orange juice.
Spiced Gin Apple Pie Cocktail
A spiced Gin Apple Pie Cocktail that’s perfect for entertaining any time of the year and for any occasion.
Aviation Cocktail Recipe
The Aviation Gin Cocktail combines crème de violette, maraschino cherry liqueur and a bit of lemon juice for a perfectly sweet and tart cocktail that’s as pretty as it is delicious.
Cucumber-Lavender Gin Fizz
With fresh cucumber juice, lavender simple syrup and lemon, this cucumber-lavender gin fizz is refreshing and perfect for those patio nights.
Blackberry Gin Smash
Blackberries, mint, and lime muddled together and mixed with raw honey and organic gin.
The Aficionado Cocktail
This simple but sophisticated gin and vermouth cocktail is great any time of year. Gin and vermouth both have beautifully herbal, slightly astringent qualities, making them a perfect match for the thyme and lemon in this cocktail.
Tom Collins with Cranberry Cocktail
The Cranberry Collins is a fall cocktail based on the Classic Tom Collins. The perfect Thanksgiving Cocktail.
Best Gin Cocktails: Fennel Grapefruit Gin and Tonic
Try one of our favorite gin cocktails - this delicious citrus and fennel G&T will be your new favorite!
- 6 ounces gin
- ¼ of a fennel bulb, sliced
- 8 ounces chilled tonic water
- 2 teaspoons whole black peppercorns
- 2 slices grapefruit, to garnish
- 2 (2-inch) slivers of fennel, to garnish
- Add the gin and sliced fennel to a glass container and infuse the gin for at least 8 hours. Discard the fennel and strain the gin.
- Combine 3 ounces gin, 4 ounces tonic water, 1 teaspoon peppercorns, a grapefruit slice, and a sliver of fennel in each glass. Stir to combine.
- Top with ice and serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 360Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 45mgCarbohydrates: 42gFiber: 6gSugar: 30gProtein: 3g
Our Recommended Cocktail Recipe Books
If you like these recipes, I think you’ll like these books: The Art of Mixology: Classic Cocktails and Curious Concoctions, The Aviary Cocktail Book, and The New Cocktail Hour: The Essential Guide to Hand-Crafted Drinks.
Need more cocktail inspiration? Check out our gift guide for cocktail lovers.
We hope you enjoyed these cocktails with gin and the cocktail creators who contributed them.
What are your favorite healthy gin cocktails? Let us know in the comments below!