These leftover turkey tacos are spicy and delicious!
They’re a little spicy because they have both adobo sauce and chipotle chilis in adobo. The creaminess of the cheese counterbalances it nicely though, so for those of you (like me) who are a bit of a wuss when it comes to spicy food, don’t worry – these won’t be too much for you!
Why You’ll Love These Turkey Tacos
Who doesn’t love tacos? These tacos are a great weeknight meal. You can make it in a slow cooker or on the stovetop. Turkey has a pretty mild flavor – the spices and salsa really add a lot of smoky and tangy flavors.
These turkey tacos are obviously great with Thanksgiving turkey, but you could shred some chicken breasts and use those as well. Or just pick up some precooked turkey at Trader Joe’s!
Other Leftover Turkey Recipes
In case you are in the market for a new slow cooker, I use and really recommend this All Clad Slow Cooker. This one is only 4-quart, but they make them larger as well!
I hope you enjoy this turkey tacos recipe!
- 1 pound cooked turkey meat, shredded
- 12 ounces beer
- 2 tablespoons adobo sauce
- 2 chipotles in adobo, diced
- 2 cups salsa
- 1/2 small red onion, finely diced
- 4 ounces queso fresco, crumbled
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 10 6-inch flour tortillas
- Combine the turkey, beer, adobo, chipotles, and salsa in a slow cooker. Cook on low for 2 hours. (note: this can also be made on the stove, simmer in a large pot over low heat for 1 hour)
- Divide the turkey between the tortillas and top with the onion, cheese, and cilantro. Serve and enjoy!
- Turkey will keep in the refrigerator for two days.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 601Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 107mgSodium: 1501mgCarbohydrates: 66gFiber: 6gSugar: 5gProtein: 41g