This simple salad of mangoes, avocados, and blueberries is easy to make and full of great flavor! The juicy mango pairs perfectly with the creamy avocado and the plump blueberries.
What Makes this Salad Great
This is a great, quick salad recipe. It highlights bright, fresh produce! If you love fruit-forward dishes, you’ll enjoy the unexpected flavor combination of this salad. The key is to have a really ripe avocado and mango. It’s a great light lunch for one or as a starter for two. This simple recipe can easily be prepped in advance and enjoyed throughout the week. It’s also a great dish for a dinner party – just double or triple the recipe – depending on the number of guests you’ll be hosting.
This salad recipe is vegan and gluten-free.
Mango Avocado Salad Ingredients
This salad recipe requires mangoes, avocado, blueberries, mint, basil, cilantro, lime, olive oil, and salt.
How to Make this Mango, Avocado, and Blueberry Salad
To make this delicious, summer salad, follow the instructions below.
- Combine the ingredients. Combine the mangoes, avocado, mint, basil, and cilantro in a medium bowl.
- Make the vinaigrette. Combine the lime zest, lime juice, olive oil, and salt in a small bowl and mix to combine. Pour over the mango mixture and stir to combine.
More Summer Salad Recipes You’ll Love
If you love a summer salad, you really enjoy these recipes as well!
- Cantaloupe Cucumber Salad Recipe
- Grilled Corn Salad with Avocado
- Grilled Peach & Tomato Salad
- Easy Tomato Salad with Tarragon Pesto
- Mediterranean Summer Salad
Tips for this Summer Salad Recipe
- Getting the avocados and the mangoes to ripen at the same speed can be a little challenging. If the avocado is ripening too quickly, just pop it into the fridge.
- If you can get purple basil (usually from the farmer’s market) it tastes great in this recipe!
- Make sure to cube the mangoes and avocado in small pieces – ideally no larger than the blueberries. When everything is relatively the same size, you’ll enjoy all the flavors in each bite.
- This recipe doesn’t require any fancy kitchen equipment or gadgets – the only thing you really need is a mixing bowl and what my grandma used to call a rubber scraper. My favorite mixing bowls are these OXO Good Grips ones. My favorite “rubber scraper” is this silicone spatula – I use it for everything.
- 2 mangoes, cubed
- 1 avocado, diced
- 2/3 cup blueberries
- 1/4 cup chopped mint
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- zest of one lime
- juice of one lime
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- pinch of salt
- Combine the mangoes, avocado, mint, basil, and cilantro in a medium bowl.
- Combine the lime zest, lime juice, olive oil, and salt in a small bowl and mix to combine.
- Pour over the mango mixture and stir to combine.
- Serve immediately - as a lunch for one or side salad for two.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 578Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 18gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 90mgCarbohydrates: 99gFiber: 14gSugar: 70gProtein: 6g