This slow cooker turkey pumpkin chili is a delicious, warming recipe for chilly fall nights. You are going to love this chili! This gorgeous pumpkin chili hits all the best flavor combos. Who knew turkey and pumpkin were such a good match?!
What Makes This Pumpkin Chili Recipe Great
This chili recipe is creamy, warm, and delicious! It’s hearty and healthy with beans, onions, tomato, pumpkin, and chicken broth. The best part is, it’s made in a slow cooker – you can either do it overnight or while you’re at work. It cooks on low in 6 to 8 hours.
Best Fall Soup Recipes
Pumpkin is a wonderfully versatile ingredient and it’s especially good in savory recipes. If you enjoy a cozy fall soup, I think you’ll love these recipes as well:
How To Make Turkey Pumpkin Chili
This turkey pumpkin chili recipe is very easy to make! There are just a few steps. It’s important to sauté some of the ingredients before adding them to the slow cooker – it helps the chili develop a richer flavor!
- Sauté the ingredients. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onions, jalapeno, and bell pepper. Sauté for five minutes or until the onion becomes translucent. Add the turkey and sauté until browned.
- Add everything to the slow cooker. Add the turkey-onion mixture to the slow cooker. Add all other ingredients to slow cooker and stir until combined.
- Set it and forget it! Cook on high for 3 to 4 hours or on low for 6 to 8 hours.
- Serve and enjoy. Top with optional ingredients.
Toppings For This Turkey Pumpkin Chili
There are a lot of optional toppings listed below because I think soup/chili is really elevated with a solid amount of toppings. I chose to go with yogurt, cilantro, and pepitas for the bowls pictured – which is an absolutely wonderful combination. Other honorable mentions include avocado and goat’s cheese – they bring the same creamy quality as the yogurt.
Tips For This Recipe
- This recipe will keep in the fridge for up to three days. It also freezes and reheats well.
- You can make a stovetop version of this recipe if you want to make it quicker. Just sauté the onions, jalapenos, bell pepper and turkey as outlined below. Then add all the other ingredients, bring the chili to a boil, and simmer for 30 minutes. Serve and enjoy!
- If you’d like to make this recipe vegetarian, leave out the turkey and add another can of kidney beans.
In case you are in the market for a new slow cooker, I use and really recommend this All-Clad Slow Cooker. This one is only 4-quart, but they make them larger as well!
Enjoy this wonderful slow cooker turkey pumpkin chili recipe!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 jalapeño, finely diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 (14 ounces) can pumpkin puree
- 1 (14 ounces) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the onions, jalapeño, and bell pepper. Sauté for five minutes or until the onion becomes translucent.
- Add the turkey and sauté until browned.
- Add the turkey-onion mixture to the slow cooker. Add all other ingredients to slow cooker and stir until combined.
- Cook on high for 3 to 4 hours or on low for 6 to 8 hours.
- Top with optional ingredients.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 461Total Fat: 25gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 121mgSodium: 972mgCarbohydrates: 27gFiber: 7gSugar: 8gProtein: 36g