This slow cooker black bean chili is almost too easy. It's vegan as well!
It's a super healthy, super simple way to ensure you have a delicious dinner waiting at home for you.
Why You'll Love this Vegan Slow Cooker Chili
This slow cooker recipe is perfect for a day when you want minimal prep but still want a filling meal. It can be cooked on high for 4 hours or on low for 6 to 8 hours, making it a perfect overnight recipe.
I've thrown it together several times before leaving for work because I love having dinner ready when I get home.
Slow Cooker Black Bean Chili Ingredients
Here's what you'll need for this delicious recipe!
- Pantry Ingredients - canned black beans (drained and rinsed), vegetable broth, bulgur, diced tomatoes
- Fresh Ingredients - yellow onion, red bell peppers
- Spices - cumin, oregano, chili powder, cayenne
- Optional toppings - chopped cilantro, sour cream, cheese, or diced scallions
How to Make this Vegan Black Bean Chili
- Prep the ingredients - dice the onions, chop the peppers, and prepare the other ingredients.
- Combine ingredients in the slow cooker - Add all the ingredients to a slow cooker, stir, and set on low for 8 to 9 hours.
- Serve - Garnish with cilantro or any other toppings
- Save - Keep in the refrigerator for up to 3 days, or freeze for up to 3 months.
More Delicious Chili Recipes to Try
- The Ultimate Vegan Chili - this chili has a nice, smoky flavor from the medley of spices and it doesn’t have to simmer for very long – making this a perfect weeknight recipe.
- Slow Cooker Brisket Chili - this brisket chili is like a warm hug. It’s rich, well-spiced, and very flavorful.
- Black Bean Chili - this hearty chili is made from simmered black beans, tomatoes, corn, bell peppers, onion, vegetable stock, and lots of spices.
- Slow Cooker Turkey Pumpkin Chili - this chili recipe is creamy, warm, and delicious! It’s hearty and healthy with beans, onions, tomato, pumpkin, and chicken broth.
We use and really recommend this All-Clad Slow Cooker for this recipe. This one is only 4-quart, but they make them larger as well!
- 3 cans black beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 red bell peppers, diced
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- ½ cup bulgur
- 2 (14.5 ounces) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne
- cilantro, optional
- Add all the ingredients to a slow cooker, stir, and set on low for 8 to 9 hours, or on high for 4 hours.
- Garnish with cilantro or any other toppings.
- Serve immediately, save in the refrigerator for up to 3 days, or freeze for up to 3 months.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 232Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 246mgCarbohydrates: 44gFiber: 15gSugar: 6gProtein: 14g