This asparagus tart made from puff pastry and ricotta is a wonderful, tasty recipe.
It highlights the grassy flavor of the asparagus and the buttery puff pastry!
Why You’ll Love this Asparagus Tart
This asparagus puff pastry tart is a fabulous way to showcase tasty asparagus spears. I need to go on record here and say that I do not make my own puff pastry (Jamie Oliver doesn't either, so that's good enough for me).
This recipe is incredibly easy to prep, the only time consuming bit is waiting for this deliciousness to come out of the oven.
This recipe is a great appetizer for 4 to 8 people or a nice dinner for 2 to 3 people.
Asparagus Puff Pastry Ingredients
For this recipe, you'll need the following.
- A sheet of high-quality puff pastry. We like Dufour.
- A bunch of asparagus
- Ricotta cheese
- Olive oil
- A lemon
- Salt and pepper
How to Make a Puff Pastry Tart
This tart is easy to make! Here's how to prep the asparagus and the pastry.
- Prep the asparagus. Remove the woody ends from the asparagus (either snap them or chop them off), toss with half the olive oil and half the salt and pepper.
- Prep the pastry. Lay the pastry sheet flat, cut a border around the edges, and then prick the pastry with a fork several times. Spread out the cheese and then lay the asparagus spears across the pastry.
- Bake the tart. Bake the pastry at 400 degrees F for 20 to 22 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown. After the pastry cools for a few minutes, sprinkle the remaining olive oil, salt, and pepper across the top.
More Asparagus Recipes You’ll Love
Asparagus spears are a tasty, spring vegetable. If you like it, try some of our other favorite asparagus recipes.
Tips for this Recipe
- Make sure to defrost puff pastry according to package directions. I often defrost it in the fridge for a day before I need to use it. Dufour puff pastry is by far the best puff pastry to use with this recipe.
- Make sure to snap off the woody ends of the asparagus (watch the recipe video to see how easy it is), they'll taste a lot better!
- 1 sheet of puff pastry
- 1 bunch of asparagus
- 8 ounces ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Remove the woody ends from the asparagus (either snap them or chop them off), toss the asparagus with half the olive oil and half the salt and pepper.
- Lay the pastry sheet flat on a rimmed baking sheet, lined with parchment paper. Cut a ½ inch border around the edges, and then prick the pastry with a fork several times.
- Spread the ricotta out across the pastry and then lay the asparagus spears across it.
- Bake the pastry for 20 to 22 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown.
- After the pastry cools for a few minutes, sprinkle the remaining olive oil, salt, and pepper across the top along with the lemon juice.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 180Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 18mgSodium: 604mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 7g