These fun banana snowmen treats are great, easy holiday snacks! They're fun to make and come together quickly. The whole family will love how cute they are.
This healthy snack recipe only requires a few ingredients that you may already have on hand.
These are the cutest little Christmas snacks for kids. They make great Christmas party snacks for school or fun after-school snacks.
Each snowman takes on a personality of its own - from the strawberry hat to the carrot nose, they all end up being unique.
Here's what you'll need for this banana snowmen snack.
- Ripe Bananas
- Small Pretzel Sticks
- Fresh strawberries
- Small Grapes (or mini marshmallows)
- Small Carrot Stick
- Small Bowl of Mini Chocolate Chips
You'll also need skewers or popsicle sticks to make the snowmen.
See the recipe card for quantities.
Slice the bananas into ½-inch rounds. You want thick slices of banana so they don't break apart when you thread them onto the skewers.
Slice the greens off the strawberries and halve them.
Run a skewer through three banana slices. Then top with a strawberry hat and a mini marshmallow or small grape for the hat topper. (If you don't have small grapes, you can use a grape half as well)
Break the pretzel sticks in half and press them into the middle banana slice to create arms.
Place a carrot triangle on the top banana slice and mini chocolate chips for the eyes and buttons.
More Healthy Christmas Snacks
Looking for more healthy treats and snacks for the holiday season? Try some easy holiday snacks.
- Christmas Fruit Wreath - made with fresh fruit, this beautiful, edible wreath is a great appetizer or snack for the Christmas season.
- Christmas Tree Appetizer - this fun Christmas charcuterie platter is easy to pull together.
- Dark Chocolate Christmas Trees - these cute trees can be decorated with all sorts of sprinkles!
You can save these snacks in the refrigerator for an hour or two, but they should be served the same day they are made as the bananas will brown.
Tips for Making this Recipe
Links on some posts are affiliate links and as an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Preparation Tips - Thread the bananas onto the skewers gently so they don't break. If they do split, swivel them around so the crack is on the back!
Recommended Tools - You'll need bamboo skewers or popsicle sticks (lollipop sticks) to thread the bananas on. I recommend finding thinner skewers as the bananas are less likely to break apart.
Optional Substitutions - You can use red hots or white chocolate chips in place of the chocolate chips if you'd like. Or you can pipe melted chocolate onto the banana slices for the eyes and buttons.
If you try this recipe, let us know! Connect with us on Instagram and share your photos or leave us a rating.
These adorable banana snowmen are a great healthy Christmas snack for kids.
- 2 bananas
- 10 small pretzel sticks
- 5 strawberries
- 10 small grapes (or mini marshmallows)
- 1 small carrot stick, cut into small triangles
- 1 tablespoon mini chocolate chips
- Skewers or popsicle sticks
- Slice the bananas into ½-inch rounds. Slice the greens off the strawberries and halve them.
- Run a skewer through three banana slices. Then top with a piece of strawberry and a mini marshmallow or small grape.
- Break the pretzel sticks in half and press them into the center banana slice to create arms.
- Place a carrot triangle on each snowman's face and mini chocolate chips for the eyes and buttons.
- Serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 146Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 361mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 2gSugar: 6gProtein: 3g
I hope you enjoy these fun Christmas snack time treats!