This Christmas tree appetizer made from fruit, cheese, and salami is the easiest and cutest holiday recipe!
It's perfect for a party or festive family dinner. It's ready in minutes, so it's a perfect snacking plate to set out while you finish dinner.
It's also great to take to a holiday potluck as it travels well.
Why You'll Love this Holiday Appetizer
This holiday platter could not be any easier. You only need a few ingredients to make this cute antipasto tree.
If you have additional fruit, cheese, and salami on hand, you can refill it as people snack on it. Everyone loves a little snacking plate, so it will be a hit wherever you serve it.
Ingredients for a Christmas Charcuterie Board
You can substitute any of these ingredients, but here's what we used:
- Cheese - You'll need a mix of cheese cubes - these can be cheddar, colby, or whatever else you'd like to use. To save time, buy them pre-cubed in the deli section of your grocery store.
- Salami - You'll need a small log of salami or some pre-cut rounds. Try to get one that has a smaller diameter, they look cuter!
- Grapes - You'll need both green and red grapes.
- Olives - Try to find a mix of olives. There is usually one mix that contains Kalamata, Castelvetrano (bright green), and Cerignola (light green) olives that works well for this recipe.
- Piquanté Peppers - You might also know these as Peppadew peppers. These are usually sold in a jar or at the olive bar in the deli area of your grocery store. They're sweet and a little spicy.
- Pretzels - You'll need a few pretzel sticks to form the base of the tree.
- Rosemary - This is optional but adds a little more flair.
More Fun Festive Recipes to Try
Try some of our other favorite holiday recipes that are great for parties and celebrations with family and friends!
- Antipasto Christmas Wreath - a beautiful wreath made from skewers of mozzarella, olive, salami, and cherry tomatoes.
- Christmas Fruit Wreath - this beautiful and healthy Christmas appetizer is made with grapes, kiwi, and raspberries.
- How to Make Decorated Focaccia Bread - Focaccia with a festive design.
Tips for Making this Recipe
Storing Tips - This recipe can be made ahead and stored in the refrigerator or saved after serving for up to 3 days. Please note, that if the cheese or meat sits out for longer than 4 hours, it should be discarded.
Diet/Allergy Alternatives - You can easily leave the salami off this platter if you'd like it to be vegetarian. Replace it with some fruit like kiwi or mandarin orange slices or another layer of cheese.
If you try this recipe, let us know! Connect with us on Instagram and share your photos or leave us a rating.
- 1 cup cheese cubes
- 4 piquanté peppers
- 1 cup green and red grapes
- ½ cup mixed olives
- 3 ounces sliced salami
- 5 to 8 small pretzel sticks
- 2 tablespoons rosemary sprigs
- Place a few cheese cubes at the top of a large platter or board in a triangle shape.
- Then add a layer of peppers below it, then a layer of green grapes, a layer of cheese cubes, a layer of salami, a layer of red grapes, and a layer of olives.
- Add the pretzel sticks to create the trunk of the tree.
- Finally, tuck several rosemary sprigs into the edges of the tree.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 267Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 30mgSodium: 569mgCarbohydrates: 30gFiber: 1gSugar: 4gProtein: 7g