This grilled corn and black bean salad is a delicious summer side dish or light lunch. It's full of flavor and easy to make!
It's a great side dish for a BBQ and it packs well - you can take it to a potluck or a picnic.
Why You’ll Love this Salad
If you love hearty salads with lots of flavors, you've got to make this recipe. The charred corn adds a wonderful depth to the dish!
The combination of fresh veggies, spices, and lime juice makes this a standout salad.
It serves four as a main course and six as a side salad, making it a perfect option for a family meal when the weather gets warm.
Ingredients for Grilled Corn & Bean Salad
Here's what you'll need to make this recipe.
- For the corn - You'll need four ears of sweet corn, a tablespoon of oil, a half teaspoon of adobo seasoning, and a quarter teaspoon of paprika.
- For the salad - You'll use four ounces of baby greens (or spring greens), a can of black beans, a bell pepper, an avocado, and two and a half ounces of crumbled feta.
- For the vinaigrette - You'll use a tablespoon of lime juice, two teaspoons of kosher salt, and a half teaspoon of ground black pepper.
- Optional toppings - You can use two diced greens onions and some chopped cilantro.
How to Make a Grilled Corn Salad
- Grill the corn - Toss the corn with the oil, adobo, and paprika. Grill it for 2 to 3 minutes per side on a medium-high heat grill, until it's slightly charred and tender. Allow the corn to cool, then cut the kernels off the cob.
- Assemble the salad - Combine the greens, corn, black beans, diced bell pepper, diced avocado, and feta in a larger serving bowl. Toss to combine.
- Whisk the vinaigrette - Combine the lime juice, salt, and pepper in a small bowl and whisk till combined. Pour over the salad and toss.
- Add the toppings - Sprinkle the chopped green onions and cilantro on top.
Tips for Making this Recipe
Cooking Tips – Be sure to flip your corn often, once it gets hot, it will char quickly!
Specialty Ingredients – If you can't find adobo seasoning, mix together a quarter teaspoon of black pepper, a quarter teaspoon of cumin, a pinch of chili powder, a pinch of garlic powder, and a pinch of onion powder.
Recommended Tools – We recommend making this recipe with a grill, but if you would prefer, you can cook the corn on a grill pan over a medium-high heat stovetop.
Storing Tips – This salad can be saved in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. If you want to make it ahead, store the dressing separately and add it before serving.
If you try this recipe, let us know! Connect with us on Instagram and share your photos or leave us a rating.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 4 ears of sweet corn, shucked
- ½ teaspoon adobo seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 ½ ounces baby greens (or spring greens)
- 1 (14.5 ounces) can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 small avocado, diced
- 2 ½ ounces crumbled feta
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 green onions, diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Heat a grill to medium-high heat.
- Toss the corn with 1 tablespoon of oil. Then sprinkle on the adobo seasoning and paprika and rub the corn so the seasoning is evenly spread.
- Cook the corn on the grill for 2 to 3 minutes per side until it's charred and tender.
- Remove the corn and allow it to cool for a few minutes before cutting the kernels off each ear.
- In a large serving bowl, mix together the greens, corn, black beans, bell pepper, avocado, and feta.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the remaining tablespoon of olive oil, lime juice, salt, and pepper. Drizzle the over the salad and toss to combine.
- Top the salad with chopped green onions and cilantro.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 226Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 11mgSodium: 600mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 7gSugar: 4gProtein: 7g