This shop has been compensated by Inmar Intelligence and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #GrillingWithMazola A clinical study showed Mazola® Corn Oil reduces cholesterol 2x more than extra virgin olive oil. To learn more about this claim, visit MAZOLA.com
This grilled corn and black bean salad is a delicious summer side dish or light lunch. It's full of flavor and easy to make!
For this recipe, we used Mazola® Corn Oil and are grateful that they sponsored this post! We're partnering with Mazola® Corn Oil because it's great for grilling.
Why You’ll Love this Salad
If you love hearty salads with lots of flavors, you've got to make this recipe. The charred corn adds a wonderful depth to the dish!
The combination of fresh veggies, spices, and lime juice makes this a standout salad.
It serves four as a main course and six as a side salad, making it a perfect option for a family meal when the weather gets warm.
Ingredients for Grilled Corn & Bean Salad
Here's what you'll need to make this recipe.
We used Mazola® Corn Oil because it has a high smoke point of 450°F. Many home cooks may not realize that all cooking oils have a smoke point that, once exceeded, only negatively affect the food’s flavor and nutritional value.
- For the corn - You'll need four ears of sweet corn, a tablespoon of Mazola® Corn Oil, a half teaspoon of adobo seasoning, and a quarter teaspoon of paprika.
- For the salad - You'll use four ounces of baby greens (or spring greens), a can of black beans, a bell pepper, an avocado, and two and a half ounces of crumbled feta.
- For the vinaigrette - You'll use a tablespoon of lime juice, two teaspoons of kosher salt, and a half teaspoon of ground black pepper.
- Optional toppings - You can use two diced greens onions and some chopped cilantro.
How to Make a Grilled Corn Salad
- Grill the corn - Toss the corn with the oil, adobo, and paprika. Grill it for 2 to 3 minutes per side on a medium-high heat grill, until it's slightly charred and tender. Allow the corn to cool, then cut the kernels off the cob.
- Assemble the salad - Combine the greens, corn, black beans, diced bell pepper, diced avocado, and feta in a larger serving bowl. Toss to combine.
- Whisk the vinaigrette - Combine the lime juice, salt, and pepper in a small bowl and whisk till combined. Pour over the salad and toss.
- Add the toppings - Sprinkle the chopped green onions and cilantro on top.
More About Mazola® Corn Oil
Mazola® Corn Oil is an all-purpose cooking oil that is a heart-healthy* choice for your family.
There are so many ways to use Mazola® Corn Oil, including baking, grilling, sautéing, stir-frying, or mixing up a marinade.
We like to use this because using this can reduce saturated fats and cholesterol in your meals easily with simple swaps, such as substituting butter with Mazola® Corn Oil.
Check out Mazola.com to learn more about cooking with corn oil.
Tips for Making this Recipe
Cooking Tips – Be sure to flip your corn often, once it gets hot, it will char quickly!
Specialty Ingredients – If you can't find adobo seasoning, mix together a quarter teaspoon of black pepper, a quarter teaspoon of cumin, a pinch of chili powder, a pinch of garlic powder, and a pinch of onion powder.
Recommended Tools – We recommend making this recipe with a grill, but if you would prefer, you can cook the corn on a grill pan over a medium-high heat stovetop.
Storing Tips – This salad can be saved in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. If you want to make it ahead, store the dressing separately and add it before serving.
If you try this recipe, let us know! Connect with us on Instagram and share your photos or leave us a rating.
- 1 tablespoon Mazola® Corn Oil
- 4 ears sweet corn, shucked
- 1/2 teaspoon adobo seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 1/2 ounces baby greens (or spring greens)
- 1 (14.5 ounces) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 small avocado, diced
- 2 1/2 ounces crumbled feta
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 green onions, diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Heat a grill to medium-high heat.
- Toss the corn with the corn oil. Then sprinkle on the adobo seasoning and paprika and rub the corn so the seasoning is evenly spread.
- Cook the corn on the grill for 2 to 3 minutes per side until it's charred and tender.
- Remove the corn and allow it to cool for a few minutes before cutting the kernels off each ear.
- In a large serving bowl, mix together the greens, corn, black beans, bell pepper, avocado, and feta.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lime juice, salt, and pepper. Drizzle the over the salad and toss to combine.
- Top the salad with the chopped green onions and cilantro.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 247Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 11mgSodium: 885mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 7gSugar: 4gProtein: 7g
Corn Oil is a cholesterol-free food that contains 14g of total fat per serving. See nutrition information on the product label or at mazola.com for fat and saturated fat content.
*Very limited and preliminary scientific evidence suggests that eating about 1 tablespoon (16 grams) of Corn Oil daily may reduce the risk of heart disease due to the unsaturated fat content in Corn Oil. FDA concludes that there is little scientific evidence supporting this claim. To achieve this possible benefit, Corn Oil is to replace a similar amount of saturated fat and not increase the total number of calories you eat in a day. One serving of this product contains 14 grams of Corn Oil.