If you’re looking for an easy side dish, you’ll love this easy, grilled scallions recipe. The fresh allium flavor is delicious!
Grilled scallions pair so well with many dishes – you could serve this alongside roast chicken, pasta, steak. You could chop them up and add them to salads or tacos.
What Makes these Grilled Scallions Great
This recipe showcases the beauty of scallions – they’re a worthy green veggie and they deserve a chance to shine.
Of course, scallions are typically thought of as toppings for stir fry dishes and mashed potatoes, but give them a chance as a standalone dish and I think you’ll love them! These charred but tender scallions are a real treat.
What’s the Difference Between Green Onions and Scallions?
Guess what? They’re actually the same thing! They can be harvested young without a bulb on the end (as pictured above) or allowed to mature and form a bulbous end.
They are available year-round and will be long and thin with a dark green side and a white end. Make sure to buy scallions without broken stems and with bright, white ends for the optimal level of freshness.
More Grilled Side Dish Recipes You’ll Love:
If you like grilled veggies, I think you’ll love these delicious and easy side dishes.
- Grilled Corn Salad Recipe
- Grilled Baby Bok Choy Recipe
- Roasted Zucchini with Yogurt, Dukkah, & Sumac
- Crispy Smashed Brussels Sprouts
Tips for This Grilled Scallions Recipe:
- Make sure you really wash the scallions before you use them, sometimes they’re a little gritty or sandy, so make sure to get any residue off of them.
- Make sure the grill is very hot before you cook the scallions as you want them to sear quickly.
- 1 bunch of scallions
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- juice from half a lemon
- Heat a grill to medium heat (or a grill pan to medium-high heat).
- Coat the scallions in the olive oil.
- Place on the grill or in the grill pan in a single layer. Grill for one to two minutes or until fully tender (before the ends burn).
- Remove the scallions from the heat. Sprinkle the salt and lemon juice over the scallions.
- Serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 132Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 1132mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 1gSugar: 15gProtein: 1g