We've rounded up so many delicious healthy chicken breast recipes that are perfect for weeknight meals! Chicken breast is easy to cook, tastes great, and is healthy for you.
It's easy to use chicken in your everyday cooking, from soups and stews to pasta dishes and salads. Chicken breast is versatile and easily prepared.
Let us know what you make or what your favorite chicken breast recipes are in the comments below!
Is chicken breast the healthiest part?
A skinless chicken breast is the leanest part of the chicken making it lower in fat and calories than the rest of the chicken. Chicken breasts are high in protein and chicken is all around a great, healthy meat option.
What to add to chicken to make it tasty?
Chicken is a versatile meat, so it pairs well with all kinds of spices, sauces, and produce. You can use this chicken seasoning blend - which combines salt, paprika, ground mustard, garlic, onion, thyme, oregano, ground black pepper.
What goes well with chicken?
So many things pair well with chicken - it's great with side dishes like roasted vegetables, potatoes, and salads. It's also delicious served as part of a grain bowl or paired with rice.
Comforting Chicken Breast Recipes
- Baked Caprese Chicken - This delicious baked Caprese chicken recipe combines juicy chicken breasts, mozzarella balls, cherry tomatoes, and pesto for a flavorful meal!
- Quick & Easy Chicken Tikka Masala - This creamy, delicious chicken tikka masala is ready in about 30 minutes, making it a perfect weeknight meal. Serve it with naan or rice for a delightful meal.
- Healthy Chicken Fajita Casserole Recipe - An easy chicken fajita casserole recipe that is made in one pan with only a few ingredients. A healthy, quick and delicious dinner.
- Chicken Curry with Coconut Milk - This creamy chicken curry with coconut milk is a lush dinner recipe. Served with rice or naan it's total comfort food.
- Lemon Herb Chicken with Rice Pilaf - Lemon Herb Chicken Breasts with Rice Pilaf is one dinner the whole family will love.
- Crispy Baked Chicken Nuggets - Crispy baked chicken nuggets made with Panko breadcrumbs, served with a 2-ingredient homemade honey mustard for dipping. The best healthy chicken nuggets and back to school snack!
- Lemon Butter Chicken - Make this tender and juicy lemon butter chicken for a quick weeknight dinner. It comes together in under 30 minutes using pantry staples.
- Coconut Lime Chicken - This Creamy Coconut Lime Chicken Breasts is a one pan, Whole 30 approved dish made with only a handful of ingredients.
Sheet Pan Chicken Breast Recipes
- Sheet Pan Maple Mustard Chicken - This simple dinner includes maple mustard chicken breasts along with Brussels sprouts, delicata squash and cranberries all baked together on one pan.
- Sheet Pan Chicken with Sweet Potatoes, Apples, and Brussels Sprouts - This sheet pan chicken with sweet potatoes is naturally sweet, flavorful, and full of nutrition. Meal prep–friendly, Whole30 friendly, dairy-free, and gluten-free.
- Sheet Pan Mediterranean Chicken and Potatoes - This easy healthy Sheet Pan Mediterranean Chicken recipe is ready in 30 minutes! It's made with roasted potatoes, lemon, and zesty artichokes.
- Baked Italian Chicken with Cherry Tomatoes - Super easy and healthy Baked Italian Chicken with cherry tomatoes and sliced black olives topped with fresh herbs.
Mediterranean Chicken Breast Recipes
- Orzo and Chicken Salad Recipe - This orzo salad with shredded chicken, bell peppers, olives, and a wholegrain mustard dressing is such a wonderful lunch recipe!
- The Best Greek Chicken Marinade - Bring all the classic Greek flavors to your kitchen table with this easy and delicious Greek Chicken Marinade. Made with lemon, garlic, and fresh herbs, this chicken marinade takes just minutes to whip together and calls for only a handful of fresh and healthy ingredients.
- Italian Grilled Bruschetta Chicken - This Grilled Bruschetta Chicken recipe is healthy and easy to make! Tender marinated chicken is topped with fresh tomato basil bruschetta.
- Grilled Moroccan Chicken Skewers - These flavor-packed grilled Moroccan chicken skewers make for a perfect summer dinner, and they’re easy enough for weeknights! Serve them with rice and your favorite veg side.
- Healthy Chicken Piccata - This healthy Chicken Piccata recipe needs to happen in your kitchen. It’s made with lemon, capers, white wine and parsley and it is an easy delicious and healthy version of classic Italian lemon chicken.
Asian Inspired Chicken Breast Recipes
- Easy Thai Chicken Curry - This Thai chicken curry recipe is simple to make, has bold flavors in a rich and creamy coconut broth, and comes together in about 30 minutes, so it's perfect for busy weeknights.
- Chicken Panang Curry Recipe - This satisfying Chicken Panang Curry Recipe has a creamy coconut milk base and a delicately balanced flavor profile, and comes together in just 30 minutes!
- Easy Healthy Cashew Chicken - Taking less than 30 minutes to make, this easy adaptation to a healthy cashew chicken recipe is exactly what your weeknight rotation needs.
- Chicken Vegetable Stir Fry - Chicken Vegetable Stir Fry Recipe combines tender chicken thighs, a colorful mix of vegetables, and an easy marinade – all served over rice. So delicious and way better than take-out!
Tex-Mex Chicken Breast Recipes
- Skillet Chicken Fajitas - Skillet Chicken Fajitas served in a hot skillet or a sizzling hot platter with sautéed onions, peppers, mushrooms, avocado, or guacamole. Marinated Chicken Fajitas that are well seasoned and flavorful are as Tex-Mex as it gets.
- Crockpot Chicken Tacos - Crockpot Chicken Tacos are an easy and delicious dinner that only takes 5 minutes to prepare! Mexican shredded chicken is delicious served in tortillas, over rice or on top of a salad, and is a great way to meal prep chicken for the week!
- Quick & Easy Chicken Enchiladas - This chicken enchilada recipe is very easy to make because it uses left-over (or rotisserie) chicken and a few simple ingredients. It’s great for weeknight dinners because it only takes about 15 minutes of hands-on time to prepare, and you can even prep-ahead the filling to make it even faster!
Chicken Salad Recipes
- Mediterranean Chicken Salad - This Mediterranean chicken salad is everything you need in an easy, quick weeknight meal. It's full of delicious flavors - artichokes, bell peppers, beans, chickpeas - it has everything.
- Southwest Chicken Salad - Southwest chicken salad is a hearty “main dish” kind of salad with bold flavors. Chicken breasts are marinated in cilantro lime goodness, then seared until golden and added to a bed of romaine lettuce along with sweet corn, black beans, and grape tomatoes.
- Blackened Chicken Salad - Blackened Chicken Salad is a delicious twist on a traditional chicken salad made with chicken salad, carrots, green onions, and a homemade spicy yogurt dressing to bring it all together.
- Chicken Cobb Salad - Packed with protein, this super easy healthy Chicken Cobb Salad doesn’t take long to put together and is perfect if you’re looking for a filling salad. It packs really well, making this cobb salad a perfect meal prep as well.
Chicken and Pasta Recipes
- Awesome Lemon Chicken Pasta - This easy lemon chicken pasta is full of flavor! It's a delicious, weeknight meal that you will love. The bright flavor of the lemon, mixed with the subtle leeks, spinach, and parmesan is unbelievably good!
- Chicken Caesar Salad with Pasta - Chicken Caesar Salad with Pasta features your favorite Caesar salad plus seasoned chicken, tender pasta, and lots of veggies. It’s a tasty and filling salad that your family won’t mind eating as the main dish!
- Creamy Chicken Noodle Casserole - Gluten-Free Dairy-Free Creamy Chicken Noodle Casserole with luscious creamy sauce and veggies makes for a belly-filling inviting meal!
- Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta - Cook a complete dinner in one pot with this Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta, using mostly pantry-stable items. Perfect for busy weeknights!
Chicken Soup Recipes
- Lemon Chicken Rice Soup - This lemon chicken rice soup recipe is perfect for when you want a cozy bowl of warm and hearty soup.
- Chicken Chili with Black Beans - This chicken chili with black beans recipe is delicious and easy to make! It's a wonderful combination of shredded chicken, black beans, kidney beans, bell peppers, spices, and beer.
- White Bean Soup with Chicken - This white bean soup with chicken, basil, and lemon is a healthy and delicious dinner recipe. It's hearty, filling, and full of flavor.
- Buffalo Chicken Soup - The best Buffalo Chicken Soup Recipe you’ll ever have. Easy to make, healthy and delicious – you won’t believe it’s dairy free!
- Creamy Chicken Soup - This Whole30 Creamy Chicken Soup is total healthy comfort food! This healing and immune boosting AIP soup is creamy, hearty and flavorful.
- Easy Chicken Noodle Soup - This easy homemade chicken noodle soup recipe is healthy, cozy, comforting, and made from scratch with simple everyday ingredients.
Slow Cooker and Instant Pot Chicken Recipes
- Instant Pot Chicken Burrito Bowl - This Instant Pot Chicken Burrito Bowl recipe is a toss-and-go 30-minute Mexican bowl filling with chicken, rice, beans, corn, and customizable fresh toppings!
- Instant Pot Lemon Garlic Chicken - Instant Pot Lemon Garlic Chicken recipe is one of the most delicious meals that you can make in your Instant Pot. It’s creamy, zesty, and absolutely delicious!
- Slow Cooker Healthy Orange Chicken - Slow cooker healthy orange chicken puts a guilt-free spin on a takeout favorite. Saucy, flavor-packed, and great for meal prep!
- Slow Cooker Peanut Chicken - This Slow Cooker Thai Peanut Chicken is super simple to make and can be prepped in a matter of minutes before placing it in the crockpot to cook.
- Instant Pot White Chicken Chili - Comfort food comes in many forms, and the best kind comes together in one pot! This Instant Pot White Chicken Chili does just that. It’s a hearty, satisfying white chili with tender, shredded chicken, creamy white beans and poblano peppers, with warm spices and fresh flavor.
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons pesto
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 8 ounces small mozzarella balls
- 1 tablespoon balsamic glaze
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Lay chicken on a flat surface and cut a slit on the side ¾ of the way through the chicken breast, but not all the way through.
- Spoon the pesto evenly across the inside of the chicken breasts. Spread it till it covers up to the edges of the chicken breast. Close the chicken breasts.
- Season the outside of the chicken breasts with kosher salt, oregano, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, and thyme.
- Heat the 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a cast-iron skillet or other oven-safe large frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken breasts and sauté for 4 minutes on each side till golden brown.
- Add the cherry tomatoes and mozzarella balls to the skillet.
- Place the skillet in the oven for 12 to 13 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads an internal temperature of 165 degrees F in the thickest place on each chicken breast.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and top with balsamic glaze and fresh basil.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 534Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 201mgSodium: 591mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 74g
I hope you've enjoyed these healthy recipes with chicken breasts! Be sure to let us know which one you make.