This delicious honey garlic shrimp recipe is perfect for busy weeknights! It's ready in 30 minutes and is the tastiest dinner recipe.
You'll love the sweet and savory sauce made with honey, garlic, and soy sauce. It's perfect for a busy weeknight when you don't want to spend hours on dinner.
This easy weeknight dinner is ready in less than 30 minutes. The delicious soy-garlic honey mixture you cook the shrimp in becomes golden and deeply flavorful.
The combination of sweet and savory flavors will be a hit with the whole family!
Here's what you'll need to make this easy shrimp recipe.
- Frozen or Fresh Shrimp
- Soy Sauce
- Fresh Garlic
- Fresh Ginger
- Olive Oil (or avocado oil or sesame oil)
- Green Onions or Spring Onions
See the recipe card for quantities.
Whisk the soy sauce, honey, garlic, and ginger together in a medium bowl.
Place the shrimp into a sealable container or zip-top bag. Pour half of the honey garlic sauce on top of the shrimp and seal the bag.
Toss to coat the shrimp. Let marinate for 15 minutes.
Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
Place shrimp in the pan and sauté for 3 minutes. Flip the shrimp over.
Pour in the remaining sauce and cook until the shrimp is cooked for about 1 to 2 more minutes.
Serve over rice or noodles with steamed vegetables on the side. Top with sliced green onion.
More Great Shrimp Recipes
See all of our healthy shrimp recipes, or try some of these favorites.
Substitutions & Variations
If you know how to make the recipe fit a certain diet, let the reader know here. Don't fake it - only provide guidance on topics you have actual experience with.
- Spice - if you'd like to add a little heat to this recipe, feel free to add some crushed red pepper flakes or a sprinkle of chili powder to the shrimp while it cooks.
- Citrus - serve with lemon wedges or squeeze some fresh lemon juice or lime juice over the cooked shrimp.
- Optional Toppings - if you'd like some crunch, add sesame seeds, slivered almonds, chopped peanuts, or chopped cashews to the shrimp after it's cooked.
- Coconut Aminos - you can swap the soy sauce for an equal amount of coconut aminos.
What to Serve with Honey Garlic Shrimp
Here are some optional sides for this tasty shrimp recipe.
- Rice - serve up a side of steamed brown rice or white rice - I'm a big fan of Jasmine rice.
- Cauliflower Rice - if you'd like to add more veggie sides, try a side of sauteed cauliflower rice.
- Vegetables - serve with some steamed broccoli, grilled corn, or roasted Brussels sprouts.
The cooked shrimp will keep for up to 3 days in the refrigerator when stored in an airtight container.
Tips for Making this Recipe
Links on some posts are affiliate links and as an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Cooking Tips - Use a large enough pan that the shrimp can cook in a single layer. This will ensure even cooking time.
Ingredient Tip - If you are using frozen shrimp, make sure to fully defrost them before using and pat them dry with a paper towel before tossing with the marinade.
If you try this recipe, let us know! Connect with us on Instagram and share your photos or leave us a rating.
Honey Garlic Shrimp
This delicious honey garlic shrimp recipe with soy sauce is a fantastic weeknight meal!
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ⅓ cup honey
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons of grated fresh ginger
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Green onion for garnish
- Whisk the soy sauce, honey, garlic, and ginger together in a medium bowl.
- Place the shrimp into a sealable container or zipped-top bag. Pour ½ of the sauce on top. Toss to coat the shrimp. Marinate for 15-20 minutes.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the shrimp and sauté for 3 minutes. Flip shrimp over.
- Pour in remaining sauce and cook until shrimp is cooked for about 1-2 more minutes.
- Serve over rice or noodles with steamed vegetables on the side. Top with sliced green onion.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 264Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 239mgSodium: 1952mgCarbohydrates: 27gFiber: 0gSugar: 23gProtein: 27g