This recipe for a honeydew melon and blackberry salad with watercress and red spring onions is a delightfully flavorful and unique summer salad.
It’s especially good if you get very ripe, juicy blackberries!
Why You’ll Love This Salad Recipe
This salad is fresh and fruity – you’ll love the bright flavors and unique combination of flavors. It’s also incredibly easy to make and a pretty dish to share at a summer picnic or potluck.
This salad pairs perfectly with a lot of BBQ dishes. It’s vegan (if you use the agave), gluten-free, and dairy-free.
How to Make This Melon Salad Recipe
- Prep the ingredients. Cut or ball the melon and cut the red spring onion
- Combine the leaves and fruit. Place the watercress, melon, blackberries, and spring onions in a bowl or on a large plate.
- Make the vinaigrette. Combine the olive oil, lemon juice, honey, and salt in a small bowl and whisk briskly to combine. Dress the salad and serve.
Simple Summer Salad Recipes
Fresh, fruit-forward salads are the best! If you’re looking for a simple summer salad recipe, then you’ll love these options:
- Grilled Peach & Tomato Salad
- Refreshing Tomato Cantaloupe Salad
- Simple Mango Avocado Salad with Blueberries
- Watermelon Summer Salad
- Summer Stone Fruit Salad
Tips for this Salad Recipe
- This recipe is naturally vegan (if you use the agave) and gluten-free.
- If you don’t have a melon baller, you can cut the honeydew into chunks, or you can use a circular teaspoon to scoop out balls of honeydew.
- If you can’t find a red spring onion, you can use a regular spring onion as well.
- This recipe travels well and can be made in advance, so it’s perfect for summer picnics and potlucks!
- 1 cup watercress
- 1 honeydew melon, scooped into balls
- 1 cup blackberries
- 1 red spring onion, cut into slivers
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- juice of one lemon
- 1 tablespoon honey (or agave)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Combine the watercress, melon, blackberries, and spring onions in a bowl or on a large plate.
- Combine the olive oil, lemon juice, honey, and salt in a small bowl and whisk briskly to combine.
- Dress the salad and serve.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 241Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 591mgCarbohydrates: 38gFiber: 5gSugar: 32gProtein: 3g