This delicious and easy Turkish cucumber salad is made with a few simple ingredients and is so tasty!
This recipe is similar to the Turkish dish cacik and can be served as a side or topping - similar to tzatziki.
Why You'll Love This Easy Salad
A refreshing and simple side salad can really complete a meal. This one is perfect to serve alongside chicken kebabs, grilled steak, or even pasta.
What I think you'll love about this salad is how few ingredients you need to make a really great little dish!
Ingredients You'll Need
Greek Yogurt - You'll use 1 ½ cups of greek yogurt as the base of this recipe.
Cucumbers - You'll use 4 small, Persian cumbers for this recipe. You can slice them into coins if you'd like this to be more of a salad, or you can dice them if you want this to be more of a sauce (ie. you're going to use it as a topping or dip).
Herbs - You'll need both fresh mint and dill for this recipe. I think the fresh herbs are essential because they impart so much flavor!
Garlic - You'll need 1 garlic clove that you either finely mince or (preferably) grate. You want it to be almost a paste so that it gives each bite a subtle garlic flavor.
Salt - You'll use a teaspoon of sea salt to finish this dish.
More Turkish Recipes to Try
If you love Mediterranean flavors and fresh ingredients, check out some of our other favorite Turkish-inspired recipes.
- Menemen (Turkish Eggs Recipe) - a delicious breakfast recipe combining eggs, tomato, and green pepper.
- Turkish Lentil Soup (Mercimek Corbasi) - a warming bowl of creamy lentil soup.
- Shepherds Salad (Turkish Chopped Salad) - an easy salad recipe with loads of fresh ingredients.
Tips for Making this Recipe
Storing Tips - You can save this dish for up to 3 days in the refrigerator. Let it come closer to room temperature before serving though.
If you try this recipe, let us know! Connect with us on Instagram and share your photos or leave us a rating.
- 1 ½ cups Greek yogurt
- 4 Persian cucumbers, sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 1 teaspoon flaky sea salt
- Combine the yogurt, cucumbers, mint, dill, garlic, and salt in a mixing bowl. Stir to fully combine.
- Serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 82Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 4mgSodium: 564mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 1gSugar: 6gProtein: 10g