These recipes are a compilation of our favorite quick and easy chicken dinner recipes. These recipes can all be made in around 30 minutes or less – so they are perfect weeknight meals.
Do you need a go-to chicken dinner recipe? Something that’s simple to make but also tastes great and is healthy. These easy chicken recipes don’t require tons of work or finicky ingredients. I hope you enjoy them as much as we do!
Tips for Cooking the Best Chicken
- Buy chicken that’s been raised in humane conditions, is organic, and is hormone and antibiotic-free. It tastes better and is more sustainable. I get my chicken from ButcherBox and cannot recommend it enough. It tastes great and is reasonably priced. If you sign up using this link, you can get $30 off!
- Use an instant-read thermometer to test the temperature for the most accurate results.
- Try pounding chicken thin for a quicker and more even cook.
This easy lemon chicken pasta is full of flavor! It’s a delicious, weeknight meal that you will love. The bright flavor of the lemon, mixed with the subtle leeks, spinach, and parmesan is unbelievably good!
This Mediterranean chicken salad is everything you need in an easy, quick weeknight meal. It’s full of delicious flavors – artichokes, bell peppers, beans, chickpeas – it has everything.
These Thai red curry chicken skewers are easy, gluten-free, delicious, and healthy.
This delicious orzo salad with shredded chicken, bell peppers, olives, and a wholegrain mustard dressing is a great weeknight meal.
Hello, delicious, nutritious bulgur chicken bowls with dried cranberries, arugula, pears, and a wholegrain mustard dressing. These bowls are super filling, because of the bulgur.
This hawaij chicken recipe is truly wonderful! It’s full of flavor and so well spiced with the hawaij rub.
Other Delicious Chicken Dinner Recipes
Need some more healthy chicken dinner inspiration? Check out the delightful recipes.
- One Pan Sesame Chicken from How Sweet Eats
- Baked Harissa Chicken Recipe from The Forked Spoon
- Easy Orange Chicken from The Modern Proper
- Persian Spiced Pan Roasted Chicken from Cotter Crunch
- Cast-Iron Skillet Roasted Chicken with Potatoes from Foodie Crush
- Lemon-Garlic Chicken Skillet and Potatoes from Food Network
What is good with chicken?
Chicken pairs well with many side dishes – you can choose something quick and easy like roasted veggies or roasted potatoes. If you are looking for something special, these salads and sides all go great with chicken.
- Shaved Zucchini Salad Recipe
- Easy Tomato Salad with Tarragon Pesto
- Shredded Brussels Sprouts, Kale, and Apple Salad
- Grilled Corn Salad with Avocado
How long do you cook chicken?
Oven – A whole chicken, roasted in a 350-degree oven, usually takes an hour and 40 minutes to cook. Boneless breasts usually take 30 to 40 minutes in a 350-degree oven.
Grilled – Boneless breasts should be grilled 9 to 10 minutes per side. Boneless thighs usually cook in 7 to 8 minutes per side.
Pan Fried – Boneless breasts usually take 8 to 10 minutes per side and boneless thighs will take 5 to 7 minutes.
Here’s a helpful guide you can print to remember chicken cooking times.
What temperature does a chicken breast have to be?
Generally, the safe internal temperature is 165 degrees Fahrenheit (75 Celsius). Use an instant read thermometer to determine the inner temperature of the chicken. The juices from the chicken should be clear and not pink.