This ramen snack mix features a Middle Eastern spice blend called baharat (which just means “spices” in Arabic). It’s a mixture of cloves, cumin, paprika, cardamom, nutmeg, coriander, and pepper – and it’s really tasty on top of bread, fish, chicken, and now this ramen snack mix.
Why You’ll Love this Snack Mix
This salty, crunchy snack mix is a delightful appetizer or road trip snack. It’s got loads of flavor and textures. The crunchy bits of ramen are an unusual and fabulous addition to a nut mix.
Ingredients You’ll Need for this Snack Mix
In order to make the baharat spice mix, you’ll need: black pepper, coriander, cinnamon, cloves, cumin, cardamom, nutmeg, paprika, and salt.
For the snack mix, you’ll need: a package of ramen, peanuts, cashews, almonds, wasabi peas, and butter.
Tips For Making This Recipe
- Make sure to use raw, unsalted nuts for this recipe. If you don’t use raw nuts, they’ll end up getting over toasted and if you use salted nuts, this recipe is going to be way too salty!
- If you can’t find a specific kind of nut, feel free to swap out for other options – this snack mix is definitely a choose-your-own-adventure.
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 package ramen noodles, broken into small pieces (should equal about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 cup redskin peanuts
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1/2 cup wasabi peas
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Preheat oven to 300 F (150 C).
- Combine all the Baharat spice mix ingredients (pepper, coriander, cinnamon, cloves, cumin, cardamom, nutmeg, paprika, and salt) and stir to combine.
- Combine ramen, peanuts, cashews, almonds, and peas in a large bowl.
- Melt butter and stir it into the ramen mix, then immediately add 2 tablespoons off the Baharat spices to the bowl and stir to combine.
- Lay ramen mix out across a cookie sheet or large pan and sprinkle another 2 tablespoons of the Baharat spices on top.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until nuts are roasted
- Let cool in pan and serve immediately or store in a dry place for up to one week.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 337Total Fat: 24gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 6mgSodium: 490mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 4gSugar: 4gProtein: 11g