If you are looking for some delicious, healthy toppings for rice cakes - we have so many great ideas for you!
These delicious toppings come in a variety of flavors. And whether you've got more of a sweet tooth or a love of savory flavors, there's a great option for you!
Each option has a foundation of healthy fats (nut butter, avocado, or cheese) and whole grains to keep you satiated.
These fun toppings for rice cakes make a healthy snack or easy lunch! Mix and match your favorite toppings or create all 6 and serve them to a group or for brunch.
Elevate the humble rice cake with these sweet and savory options! They're the best way to enjoy a rice cake.
Here's what you'll need for these healthy rice cake toppings.
- Plain Rice Cakes or Brown Rice Cakes (they might also be labeled rice crackers or puffed rice cakes)
- Natural Peanut Butter
- Almond Butter
- Raspberries or Strawberries
- Sesame Seeds
- Boursin Cheese, Cream Cheese, or other spreadable cheese
- Persian Cucumber or English Cucumber
- Hardboiled Egg
See the recipe card for quantities.
Prep your ingredients (slice vegetables, portion out toppings in a small bowl if necessary).
Assemble the rice cakes with your desired flavors.
Options for these healthy rice cake snacks include:
- Peanut Butter (or another type of nut butter) and banana slices - if this will sit out for a while you can use a little lemon juice to make sure the bananas don't brown
- Mashed avocado and sesame seeds, with flaky sea salt, pepper, and optional microgreens
- Mashed avocado and sliced hardboiled eggs, with flaky sea salt and pepper
- Boursin cheese (cream cheese or another soft cheese will work as well) and sliced radishes with flaky sea salt, pepper, and optional microgreens or chopped fresh herbs
- Almond butter (or another type of nut butter or Nutella) with fresh raspberries (or other sliced berries like strawberries)
- Boursin cheese (cream cheese or another soft cheese will work as well) and sliced Persian cucumbers (or English cucumber) with flaky sea salt, pepper, and optional microgreens or chopped fresh herbs
Serve immediately and enjoy!
More Great Snack Recipes
If you enjoy a tasty treat or afternoon bite, try some of our delicious snack recipes.
- Peanut Butter Cup Rice Cake - a personal favorite - if you like a sweet snack, you must try this giant peanut butter cup!
- Almond Flour Banana Bread - this delicious gluten-free banana bread is a healthy afternoon snack.
- Grated Egg Avocado Toast - a protein-rich snack perfect for the avocado toast lover!
Substitutions & Variations
Here are some optional swaps or additional ingredients you can add to the top of your rice cake!
- Cheese - swap the spreadable cheese for Greek yogurt, whipped feta cheese, ricotta cheese, or whipped cottage cheese if you'd prefer.
- Honey - you can add a drizzle of honey to the PB and banana rice cake or the almond butter and berry rice cake!
- Olive Oil - feel free to add a drizzle of olive oil to the savory rice cakes - especially the avocado ones.
- Vegetables - you can swap the cucumbers or radishes for a tomato slice or two
I'd recommend making and serving these rice cakes on the same day.
They will travel and keep in the fridge for a day (if you want to take them to work or for a picnic), but the mashed avocado, sliced bananas, and sliced vegetables are better the day you make them.
The rice cakes with toppings can sit outside the refrigerator for 4 hours but should be refrigerated if they need to be kept longer than that.
Tips for Making this Recipe
Links on some posts are affiliate links and as an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Specialty Ingredients - There are several types of rice cakes you can use - a few I enjoy are the Lundberg Organic Brown Rice Cakes (these are in my pantry right now) and the Lundberg Thin Stackers.
If you try this recipe, let us know! Connect with us on Instagram and share your photos or leave us a rating.
Rice Cake Toppings
These delicious healthy rice cake toppings are all easy to pull together and make a great snack or lunch. Try just one or all six!
- 6 Plain Rice Cakes or Brown Rice Cakes
- 1 tablespoon Peanut Butter
- ½ Banana, sliced into rounds
- 1 tablespoon Almond Butter
- 10 Fresh Raspberries
- ½ of a Medium Avocado
- 2 teaspoons Sesame Seeds
- 2 tablespoons Boursin Cheese
- Persian Cucumber, sliced into rounds
- 2 to 3 Radishes, thinly sliced
- ¼ of a Medium Avocado
- 1 Hardboiled Egg, sliced into rounds
- Flaky Sea Salt, to taste
- Ground Black Pepper, to taste
- optional for topping - microgreens or chopped fresh herbs
- Peanut Butter Banana - spread the peanut butter across the top of the rice cake and top it with slices of banana
- Almond Butter Berry - spread the almond butter across the top of the rice cake and top it with raspberries
- Avocado Sesame - mash the avocado on top of the rice cake and top with a sprinkle of sesame seeds and optional sea salt, pepper, and microgreens
- Cheese Cucumber - spread the cheese on the rice cake and top with slices of cucumber and optional sea salt, pepper, and microgreens
- Cheese Radish - spread the cheese on the rice cake and top with slices of radish and optional sea salt, pepper, and microgreens
- Avocado Egg - mash the avocado on top of the rice cake and top with egg slices and optional sea salt, pepper, and microgreens
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 159Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 34mgSodium: 175mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 4gSugar: 3gProtein: 5g