This delicious peanut butter cup rice cake recipe is the easiest healthy treat! It's a great afternoon snack or simple after-dinner dessert.
You'll need just a few simple ingredients to make this recipe and you can make just one or several if you'd like a few of them.
If you've got a sweet tooth but would prefer a lighter snack, this is the recipe for you. The creamy PB, rich dark chocolate, and a sprinkling of flaky sea salt are the ultimate flavor pairing!
Why You'll Love These Rice Cakes with Peanut Butter
This viral giant peanut butter rice cake is the latest TikTok recipe to have become popular this year because it hits the spot and has a great crunch - rice cakes have never tasted so good!
If you're a fan of chocolate and peanut butter, you've got to try this easy recipe.
Rice cakes are a popular snack because there are endless ways to enjoy them they pair with so many kinds of toppings. You can use them as a vehicle for whatever flavors you like, similar to a cracker or piece of bread.
You won't need much to make these peanut butter rice cakes - in fact, you might already have a few of these ingredients in your pantry!
- Plain Rice Cakes (or Brown Rice Cakes)
- Creamy Peanut Butter (or other Nut or Seed Butter)
- Dark Chocolate (or Dark Chocolate Chips)
- Flaky Sea Salt
See the recipe card for quantities.
Spread on a tablespoon of peanut butter on each rice cake - leaving a little edge showing.
Melt the dark chocolate in a small bowl that's microwave-safe in 30-second increments in the microwave.
Stir the bowl of melted chocolate until there are no lumps. It may take anywhere from 45 seconds to 1 minute 30 seconds to melt.
Spread the chocolate on top of the peanut butter and to the edges of the rice cake.
Sprinkle the flaky sea salt over the chocolate.
Allow the chocolate to harden at room temperature for 30 minutes or place in the refrigerator for 10 to 15 minutes before serving.
More Healthy Dessert Recipes
Try some of our other favorite healthy desserts - they're all so good!
- Dark Chocolate Figs - a fantastic flavor pairing and simple treat.
- Peanut Butter Stuffed Chocolate Covered Dates - easy to make and even easier to eat - these stuffed dates are delicious.
- Grilled Pineapple with Lime Mint Sauce - a fantastic grilled fruit recipe with a kicky, sweet sauce.
- Banana Oat Muffins - these delicious blender muffins are topped with chocolate chips!
Want more viral recipes? Check out our whole list of TikTok recipes! You might fun a new fun thing to try.
Store the wet ingredients (lettuce, tomato, onion) separately from the dry ingredients (buns) in the fridge, and recombine when ready. Good for 2-3 days.
These ingredients don't stand up well to freezing.
Tips for Making this Recipe
Links on some posts are affiliate links and as an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Optional Toppings - If you want to jazz these up a bit more, consider some of these toppings: coconut flakes, dried raspberries, colorful sprinkles, banana slices, or a drizzle of white chocolate.
Alternative Ingredients - If you want an extra chocolatey option, use chocolate rice cakes for this recipe.
If you'd like the chocolate to dry extra shiny, stir 1 teaspoon of coconut oil into the melted chocolate.
If you don't care about using dairy-free chocolate, you can of course use milk chocolate instead.
Diet/Allergy Alternatives - If you are allergic to peanuts, you can also use almond butter or for nut-free alternatives, try sunflower butter!
If you try this recipe, let us know! Connect with us on Instagram and share your photos or leave us a rating.
- 3 plain rice cakes
- 3 tablespoons of peanut butter
- 2 ounces dark chocolate
- pinch of flaky sea salt
- Spread a tablespoon of peanut butter on each rice cake.
- Melt the dark chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl in 30-second increments in the microwave.
- Stir until it is fully melted. It may take anywhere from 45 seconds to 1 minute 30 seconds to melt.
- Sprinkle the flaky sea salt over the chocolate.
- Allow the chocolate to harden at room temperature for 30 minutes or place the rice cakes in the refrigerator for 10 to 15 minutes before serving.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 232Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 2mgSodium: 154mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 3gSugar: 10gProtein: 5g