What could be better than ripe figs dipped in dark chocolate and topped with Himalayan salt? These dark chocolate figs are absolutely delicious.
Fig season is one of my favorite times of year - it typically runs from August to October. You've got to get your hands on some to enjoy this simple and easy treat!
Why You'll Love This Recipe
Ripe figs have a wonderfully sweet, fruity, and floral flavor that pairs perfectly with a slightly bitter dark chocolate. Top this with a pinch of sea salt and you have a surprisingly complex flavor profile in a simple dessert.
You can make this recipe in just a few minutes and it's quite easy! It does take some time for the chocolate to set, but make them in advance of a party or dinner and you'll have a delicious treat to enjoy.
Ingredients You'll Need
For this recipe, you'll need 10 ripe figs, ½ cup of dark chocolate chunks or chips, and a ½ teaspoon of pink Himalayan sea salt or another flaky sea salt.
When choosing good figs, look for ones that are soft but not mushy. They should have a firm stem and be without bruises.
More Dark Chocolate + Fruit Recipes to Try
Dipping fruit in dark chocolate is one of my favorite ways to make an easy dessert. Here are some of our other fruit and dark chocolate recipes you should check out.
- Fruit and Nut Dark Chocolate Bites - These easy bites are made by combining trail mix and dark chocolate.
- Dark Chocolate Watermelon - Watermelon triangles on sticks, covered in chocolate!
- Pomegranate Dark Chocolate Bites - One of the most popular recipes on This Healthy Table - these little jeweled treats are always a hit.
- Peanut Butter Stuffed Chocolate Covered Dates - The tastiest dates you'll ever eat!
Tips for Making this Recipe
Recommended Tools - I highly recommend allowing your figs to dry on parchment paper. Anytime I melt chocolate, I allow it to dry on parchment paper because it's so easy to peel off.
Storing Tips - You can store these figs for up to three days in the refrigerator, but they are best fresh.
If you try this recipe, let us know! Connect with us on Instagram and share your photos or leave us a rating.
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips or chunks
- 10 fresh figs, halved
- ½ teaspoon pink Himalayan sea salt
- Melt the dark chocolate in the microwave for 30 seconds to 1 minute. Stir to make sure all the pieces are melted.
- Dip half of each fig in the chocolate and place them on parchment paper.
- Sprinkle each fig with a pinch of sea salt.
- Allow the chocolate to harden for 1 to 2 hours before serving.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 138Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 133mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 3gSugar: 20gProtein: 1g