These dark chocolate watermelon slices are a ridiculously simple recipe. We've topped them with some crushed nuts, flaky sea salt, and coconut for even more flavor.
They're so delicious and only take a hot second to make. What's not to love?
Why You'll Love these Easy Treats
Not only are these fresh watermelon popsicles easy to make, they taste great! If you've got a ripe watermelon and some dark chocolate, these sweet treats are ready in just a few minutes.
You can top them with anything - we chose chopped pistachios, flaky sea salt, and coconut flakes - but sprinkles, chopped walnuts or pecans, or dried flowers would also be great.
What You'll Need to Make this Recipe
To make these watermelon dark chocolate pops, you'll need:
- A small, ripe watermelon. Get a seedless one if possible.
- Dark chocolate
- Toppings - finely chopped nuts, coconut flakes, sprinkles, or sea salt
- Popsicle sticks (optional - you don't have to put the watermelon slices on sticks, but it does make them a bit easier to eat)
More Dark Chocolate Treats
If you like dark chocolate recipes, check out some of our other favorites!
- Pomegranate Dark Chocolate Bites
- Peanut Butter Stuffed Chocolate Covered Dates
- Healthy Dark Chocolate Treats
- Healthy Dark Chocolate Popcorn Balls
Tips for Making this Watermelon Recipe
- Try to find a mini, seedless watermelon for this recipe. You can use a regular watermelon as well, but you'll just have to cut it into smaller, easier-to-hold slices.
- Seedless watermelons are best because crunching down on a seed covered in chocolate might not be a welcome surprise.
- Try to find a nice, ripe watermelon for this recipe - ripe watermelons will be heavy and have a yellow or creamy spot on them where the watermelon ripened in the field.
- 1 small watermelon
- 3 ounces high-quality dark chocolate
- 1 teaspoon flaky sea salt
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped pistachios
- 1 teaspoon finely shredded coconut flakes
- Melt chocolate in the microwave or on the stovetop.
- Meanwhile, cut the watermelon into plates and then quarter the plates. Make at least 12 pieces. Then cut a small sliver in the middle of the base and press the popsicle sticks in.
- Drizzle warm chocolate on watermelon and sprinkle each piece with a pinch of sea salt, nuts, or coconut.
- Place the watermelon on parchment paper and allow the chocolate to harden for 30 minutes to 1 hour before serving.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 40Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 354mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 1gSugar: 5gProtein: 1g