This delicious grated egg avocado toast is a fun recipe to make for breakfast!
You'll combine ripe avocado, kewpie mayonnaise, grated hard-boiled egg, salt, pepper, and microgreens for the best avocado toast recipe!
This recipe went viral on TikTok and was shared millions of times because it's fun to make and tastes great. It's full of healthy fats and is a savory and filling breakfast recipe. If you like classic avocado toast, you've got to try this recipe.
This grated egg toast was shared on TikTok by Sarah Thomas-Drawbaugh from Healthyish Foods - her recipe went wildly viral!
It's so popular because the eggs get pillowy soft and pair perfectly with the savory mayo and creamy avocado. This will be your new favorite way to enjoy eggs and toast!
If you want to see more viral TikTok recipes, check out the post of our favorite trending TikTok recipes.
Here's what you'll need to make the viral grated egg toast.
Toast - You'll need 1 slice of good bread to make your piece of toast. I used a slice of whole-wheat country bread, but you can use sourdough bread or any other bread you'd like.
Avocado - You'll use ½ an avocado. You can either slice it or mash it on the toast.
Egg - You'll need 1 hardboiled egg. You'll use a microplane to shred it onto the toast.
Mayo - You'll use ½ tablespoon of kewpie mayonnaise.
Toppings - You'll need ¼ teaspoon each of sea salt and ground black pepper. You can also top the toast with microgreens, hot sauce, everything bagel seasoning, red pepper flakes, or sriracha.
See the recipe card for quantities.
Spread the mayonnaise over the slice of toast.
Place the avocado on the toast and spread it to the edges.
Grate the hardboiled egg onto the toast, using a cheese grater or microplane.
Top with sea salt and black pepper.
Spread the microgreens or other optional toppings across the top.
How to Make Hardboiled Eggs
- Place cold eggs in a large pot of cold water. Cover with a lid and bring to a boil. Once the water is at a roiling boil, shut off the heat and allow the eggs to sit in the water for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Fill up a large bowl with cold water and ice.
- Scoop the eggs out of the hot water and add them to the ice bath. Let them sit for 2 to 3 minutes.
More Delicious Breakfast Recipes to Try
If you love healthy breakfast recipes, try some of our favorites.
- Watermelon Radish Toast - this delicious toast with cheese and watermelon radishes is as tasty as it is beautiful.
- Chili Oil Eggs - eggs cooked in chili oil and served with rice.
- Pesto Eggs - a fantastic toast recipe topped with eggs cooked in pesto.
Tips for Making this Recipe
Links on some posts are affiliate links and as an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Specialty Ingredients - This recipe calls for kewpie mayonnaise - a savory Japanese mayo. You can purchase it online or find it at an Asian grocery store.
Recommended Tools - I highly recommend using a microplane grater to shave the hardboiled egg. You can also use a box grater if you'd like.
Storing Tips - This recipe is best made fresh, but you can save it in the refrigerator for 3 days.
If you try this recipe, let us know! Connect with us on Instagram and share your photos or leave us a rating.
- 1 slice bread, toasted
- ½ tablespoon kewpie mayonnaise
- ½ ripe avocado, sliced
- 1 hardboiled egg
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- optional toppings - microgreens, Sriracha, bagel seasoning, chopped fresh herbs
- Spread the mayonnaise over the toast.
- Place the avocado on the toast and spread it to the edges.
- Grate the hardboiled egg onto the toast using a cheese grater or Microplane.
- Top with sea salt and black pepper.
- Spread the microgreens or other optional toppings across the top.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 350Total Fat: 26gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 19gCholesterol: 190mgSodium: 760mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 8gSugar: 3gProtein: 10g