This easy recipe for chili oil eggs can be served over rice for a delicious breakfast or lunch. Serve the eggs over rice with a dash of furikake (Japanese nori seasoning) for a filling and hearty meal.
This style of cooking eggs was popularized on TikTok with the viral pesto eggs recipe. Essentially, instead of using oil or butter to fry your eggs, you use a sauce to cook them - resulting in a tastier egg!
Why You'll Love These Eggs
If you love a little bit of heat, then you've got to try this recipe! Use your favorite chili crunch or chili oil for amazingly flavorful eggs. They're perfectly cooked with a runny center.
I like eating this recipe for a late breakfast or weekend brunch because it's filling and hearty. You can cook one or two eggs per serving - the recipe below is for two servings (one egg each).
Ingredients You'll Need
This recipe is super simple, you'll need:
- Chili Crunch Oil - you'll need 2 tablespoons of chili oil or chili crunch. Recommendations for what type of oil to use are below (just above the recipe).
- Eggs - you'll need 2 eggs
- Rice - you'll need 2 cups cooked white or brown rice
- Furikake - you'll need 2 teaspoons of furikake seasoning. Recommendations for this are below as well.
- Optional - you can top the cooked eggs with a sprinkle of sea salt and sesame seeds
More Delicious Egg Recipes to Try
If you like cooking with eggs, check out some of our other favorite recipes with eggs!
- Pesto Eggs - Eggs cooked in pesto and served on toast with goat cheese
- The Best Egg Salad Sandwich - a tangy and tasty egg salad served on toasted sourdough
- Ramen with Egg & Kewpie - a creamy and delicious ramen recipe that's ready in minutes
Tips for Making this Recipe
Links on some posts are affiliate links and as an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Cooking Tips - Cook your eggs for an additional minute, covered, if you'd like a less runny yolk.
Specialty Ingredients - You can make your own furikake blend to use in this recipe or purchase it from Trader Joe's or an Asian grocery store. For the chili oil, we recommend both Lao Gan Ma Spicy Chili Crisp and Chile Crunch.
Recommended Tools - Use a nonstick skillet for this recipe.
Storing Tips - I would recommend making this meal fresh as it's difficult to reheat the eggs without overcooking them, but this recipe will save in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
If you try this recipe, let us know! Connect with us on Instagram and share your photos or leave us a rating.
Chili Oil Eggs
This easy recipe for chili oil eggs can be served over rice for a delicious breakfast or lunch.
- 2 tablespoons chili oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 2 teaspoons furikake seasoning
- pinch of sea salt
- pinch of white and black sesame seeds
- Heat a nonstick frying pan over medium-high heat. Once hot, spread the chili oil in a thin layer across the pan.
- When the chili oil is warm, crack the eggs into the pan. Cook the eggs for 2 minutes, while using a spoon to pour some of the chili oil on top of the eggs. Cover and cook for 2 minutes until the whites are set and no longer translucent.
- Divide the rice between two bowls and sprinkle a teaspoon of furikake over each.
- Place one egg in each bowl and pour the remaining oil from the pan over the eggs.
- Sprinkle with sea salt and sesame seeds. Serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 404Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 186mgSodium: 205mgCarbohydrates: 46gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 11g