This healthier almond flour banana bread recipe is so tasty! It's gluten-free and refined sugar free.
Banana bread is one of the best snacks and this loaf makes for a perfect afternoon snack with a cup of tea. You can serve it with some yogurt or some fruit for a delicious breakfast as well!
I highly recommend using really ripe bananas for this recipe - they should be speckled and spotted, this will make for a sweeter bread and great banana flavor!
Because this bread has very little added sugar, the overripe bananas make up most of the sweetness in this recipe.
Be sure to check out all of our almond flour recipes, for more great ways to use almond flour and almond meal.
Here are the simple ingredients you'll need to make the best banana bread.
- Extra Ripe Bananas
- Almond Flour
- Fresh Eggs
- Vanilla Extract
- Honey or Maple Syrup
- Baking Soda
- Kosher Salt
See the recipe card for quantities.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Line a bread pan with parchment paper or grease it with butter.
In a large mixing bowl, mash the bananas until they are a paste.
Stir in the eggs until they are fully combined. Then add the vanilla extract and honey. Stir till fully combine.
In a medium bowl, mix together the almond flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt. Stir to combine.
Mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and stir just until combined.
Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
Place the bread pan in the oven and bake for 45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out of the center of the bread clean.
Let the bread cool for 10 to 15 minutes on a wire rack before slicing.
More Great Bread Recipes
If you love tasty quick bread recipes, try some of our other favorites!
- Cantaloupe Bread - a fantastic melon bread that's super moist.
- How to Make Decorated Focaccia Bread - beautiful bread decorated with vegetables and herbs.
- Five Spice Banana Bread - a more traditional banana bread with a great spice blend.
Substitutions & Variations
Here are some optional changes you can make to this recipe.
- Flour - this recipe will work with all purpose flour (or a mixture of AP flour and whole wheat flour) as well as coconut flour.
- Sweetener - the honey can be swapped for an equal amount of maple syrup, brown sugar, or coconut sugar.
- Vegan - if you want this recipe to be vegan, swap the honey for agave or maple syrup and the eggs for flax eggs.
- Add-ins - feel free to stir in a few extra ingredients like a tablespoon of flax seeds for extra fiber or a small handful of dark chocolate chips for some sweetness.
You can save the baked bread for up to 4 days when stored in an airtight container at room temperature or for up to a week in the refrigerator.
You can also freeze this bread in a freezer-safe container or wrapped in plastic wrap for up to 6 months.
Tips for Making this Recipe
Cooking Tips - to check the doneness of your bread, insert a toothpick or small wooden skewer in the center of the bread and if it comes back clean, the bread is cooked through.
If you try this recipe, let us know! Connect with us on Instagram and share your photos or leave us a rating.
- 3 large ripe bananas
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a bread pan with parchment paper or grease it with butter.
- In a large bowl, mash the bananas until they are a paste. Stir in the eggs until they are fully combined. Then add the vanilla extract and honey. Stir till fully combined.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the almond flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt. Stir to combine.
- Mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and stir just until combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Place the bread pan in the oven and bake for 45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out of the center of the bread clean.
- Allow bread to cool for 10 to 15 minutes before slicing.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 257Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 70mgSodium: 578mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 5gSugar: 12gProtein: 9g