This delicious healthy baked sole recipe with lemon and garlic is ready in just a few minutes!
Sole is a delicious, delicate fish that's easy to cook.
This recipe is very similar to Sole Meunière but with olive oil instead of butter. This baked white fish recipe couldn't be simpler and it's a flavorful, healthy meal.
Broiling sole is a great way to cook it quickly while locking in tenderness.
Here's what you'll need to make this healthy sole recipe.
- Fresh sole fillets
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Garlic Cloves
- Chopped Fresh Parsley
- Freshly Squeezed Lemon Juice
- Sea Salt
- Ground Black Pepper
See the recipe card for quantities.
Preheat oven broiler on high.
Pat the fish fillets dry with a paper towel.
In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, grated garlic, chopped parsley, and lemon juice. Stir till combined.
Place the fish on a parchment lined baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Brush on the olive oil lemon juice mixture.
Broil the fish on high for 3 to 4 minutes or until the fish reaches an internal temperature of 145 degrees F on an instant read thermometer.
Serve immediately with optional lemon wedges or lemon zest.
More Great Fish Recipes
Want more healthy recipes with fish? Try some of our favorites!
Substitutions & Variations
Want to make some changes to this recipe? Here are some optional variations.
- Herbs - swap the parsley for tarragon or use it in addition to the parsley.
- Spices - if you'd like to add a little heat to this recipe, sprinkle on a pinch of cayenne pepper or chili powder.
- Capers - feel free to add a tablespoon of capers to the olive oil sauce if you'd like a more classic dish.
What to Serve with Sole Fish
Sole pairs well with salads or simple roasted vegetable dishes. It's also great with a glass of white wine!
- Parmesan Green Beans - a simple roasted green bean side dish that will be popular with the whole family
- Grapefruit Salad - a beautiful and refreshing salad with grapefruit and avocados
- Roasted Purple Potatoes - a fantastic and colorful side dish with purple potatoes and herbs
- The Best Green Salad Recipe - a stunning, delicious green salad recipe with crispy panko and onions.
You can save the cooked sole for up to 3 days in the refrigerator when stored in an airtight container.
Tips for Making this Recipe
Cooking Tips - Because you are broiling the sole on high, it will cook very quickly! Keep an eye on it and after the 2 ½ minute mark keep the oven light on to make sure it doesn't burn.
If you try this recipe, let us know! Connect with us on Instagram and share your photos or leave us a rating.
- 1 pound of sole fillets
- 1 ½ tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, grated (or minced)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven broiler on high.
- Pat the fish fillets dry with a paper towel.
- In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, grated garlic, chopped parsley, and lemon juice. Stir till combined.
- Place the fish on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Sprinkle with the salt and pepper then brush on the olive oil lemon juice mixture.
- Broil the fish on high for 3 to 4 minutes or until the fish reaches an internal temperature of 145 degrees F on an instant-read thermometer.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 293Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 127mgSodium: 1355mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 35g