This is the best green salad recipe - it's got crumbled pecorino, rich panko, soft butter lettuce, a bright jolt of red spring onions.
It's the perfect green salad because it’s lush, easy to make, and has a deliciously, mustardy dressing. You’ll love this green salad recipe!
What makes this the Best Green Salad Recipe
This healthy green salad recipe is a perfect side dish. The mild butter lettuce combined with the kicky dressing pairs well with lots of dishes - it’s a perfect side salad for roast chicken or pasta.
So many green salads are easily forgotten - spending a bit of extra time to pull this salad together is truly worth it. It’s a standout salad that will be remembered. It combines soft lettuce, crunchy panko, a zesty dressing, and mellow cheese into something truly special.
Green Salad Recipe Ingredients
To make this butter salad recipe, you’ll need: butter lettuce, red spring onions (or red onion), panko breadcrumbs, and Pecorino Romano cheese. For the dressing, you’ll need: olive oil, red wine vinegar, whole grain mustard, sea salt and pepper, and sugar.
How to Make this Butter Lettuce Salad
To make this green salad, you’ll need to:
- Combine the salad ingredients. Add the butter lettuce, spring onions, breadcrumbs, and Pecorino to a large bowl.
- Make the dressing. Combine the olive oil, vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper, and sugar in a small bowl and whisk vigorously to combine.
- Dress the salad. Right before serving, add the dressing to the salad and toss to combine. Serve immediately.
Tips for this Recipe
- For this recipe, I used a few products I purchased online (you can get them at a grocery store as well), like this Mantova Red Wine Vinegar, Maldon Sea Salt, and Maille Old Style Whole Grain Mustard.
- For this salad, I found red spring onions at the store, but you can easily make it with regular red onions. It will still have a great kick!
I hope you enjoy this delicious green salad recipe!
- 4.5 ounces butter lettuce
- 1/2 cup red spring onions (or red onion), finely sliced
- 1 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 4 ounces crumbled Pecorino Romano
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Add the butter lettuce, spring onions, breadcrumbs, and Pecorino to a large bowl.
- Combine the olive oil, vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper, and sugar in a small bowl and whisk vigorously to combine.
- Right before serving, add the dressing to the salad and toss to combine. Serve immediately.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 393Total Fat: 27gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 18gCholesterol: 29mgSodium: 1180mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 13g