This delicious grapefruit salad with avocado is a fantastic, fresh side salad recipe!
The bitterness of the grapefruit is offset by the avocado and feta. So if you find grapefruit overwhelming on its own, this simple recipe will be perfect for you.
The creamy avocado, tangy grapefruit, soft feta cheese, and crunchy pepitas make this the perfect salad.
This grapefruit salad recipe is a great side dish or light lunch. It's a simple salad to make and only takes a few minutes to chop the produce.
Grapefruit, like all citrus fruits, is high in vitamin C - which is a fantastic antioxidant and helps to fight off viruses. Peak season for grapefruit is December through April, which coincides with the time of year it's easy to catch a cold. Making it a great fruit to add to your diet during winter and spring!
Here's what you'll need to make this avocado grapefruit salad.
- Baby Greens (Spring Mix or Arugula/Spinach mix)
- Fresh Large Grapefruit (Ruby Red or Pink Grapefruit)
- Fresh Avocado
- Feta Cheese
- Pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Lemon Juice
- Sea Salt
- Ground Black Pepper
See the recipe card for quantities.
Remove all the white pith from the grapefruit, cut the grapefruit segments out, and slice them into small pieces. Slice avocado into bite-size pieces using a sharp knife.
Combine the greens, grapefruit sections, and avocado slices in a large bowl. Toss gently to combine.
Sprinkle with feta cheese and pepitas.
In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, lemon juice, honey, salt, and pepper. Whisk briskly till fully combined.
Drizzle the honey lime dressing over the salad and serve immediately.
More Great Salad Recipes
Want more fabulous salads? Try some of our favorite healthy salad recipes.
- Orange Fennel Salad Recipe - this citrus salad with thinly sliced fennel is the best!
- Spring Mix Salad - a fantastic, easy salad recipe that's got a great combination of fresh flavors.
- Citrus Pomegranate Salad - this healthy salad recipe combines oranges, grapefruit, and pomegranate seeds for a beautiful side dish.
Substitutions & Variations
Here are a few swaps or additions you can make to this recipe.
- Citrus Fruits - you can use other types of citrus in this recipe like blood oranges or pomelo
- Onion - you can use ½ a small red onion or shallot in this salad.
This recipe will keep for up to four days when stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container.
The avocado might brown a little, so if you are serving it for a dinner party or special meal, I would recommend making it the day of the event.
Tips for Making this Recipe
Recommended Tools - I recommend using a very sharp chef's knife to segment the grapefruit. It makes it much easier to trim off all the pith.
Diet/Allergy Alternatives - to make this recipe vegan, leave out the feta cheese and swap the honey for another sweetener like agave.
If you try this recipe, let us know! Connect with us on Instagram and share your photos or leave us a rating.
This delicious grapefruit salad with avocado is the tastiest side salad!
- 5 cups baby greens (spring mix or arugula/spinach mix)
- 1 grapefruit, peeled and segmented, chopped into small pieces
- 1 avocado, peeled and sliced
- ⅓ cup crumbly feta cheese
- ¼ cup pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons honey
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Combine the greens, grapefruit, and avocado in a large bowl. Toss gently to combine.
- Sprinkle with feta cheese and pepitas.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the olive oil, lemon juice, honey, salt, and pepper. Whisk briskly till fully combined.
- Drizzle the honey lime dressing over the salad and serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 331Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 11mgSodium: 419mgCarbohydrates: 29gFiber: 14gSugar: 9gProtein: 12g