These delicious parmesan green beans are topped with panko and roasted to perfection. They're a fantastic side dish recipe you're going to love.
They're a crispy, savory, and tasty side dish that's ready in less than 30 minutes. The majority of which is hands-off time while the beans are baking in the oven.
This recipe will be your new favorite way to make green beans!
Why You'll Love Garlic Parmesan Green Beans
This delicious roasted green beans recipe will be your new favorite side dish! They're incredibly easy to pull together and taste fantastic. It's a great way to use fresh beans!
Here's how to make this easy side dish - it doesn't involve too many ingredients and tastes fantastic!
- Fresh Green Beans
- Olive Oil (avocado oil or grapeseed oil will work too)
- Finely Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- Panko Breadcrumbs
- Kosher Salt or Sea Salt
- Ground Black Pepper
- Garlic Powder (2 cloves fresh garlic will work too)
- Dried Thyme
- Dried Oregano
Optional toppings - red pepper flakes, a squeeze of lemon juice, chopped fresh parsley.
See the recipe card for quantities.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Place the green beans in a large bowl and toss them with olive oil.
In a small bowl, combine the parmesan, panko breadcrumbs, salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, dried thyme, and dried oregano.
Add the parmesan breadcrumb mixture to the green beans and toss to combine.
Spread the green beans out in a single layer on a parchment-lined baking sheet. You can use aluminum foil to line your pan as well.
Bake the green beans for 20 minutes.
Remove from the oven and serve immediately.
Green Bean FAQs
Why are green beans good for you?
Green beans are cholesterol and fat-free, they’re a great source of fiber and vitamin C, and are low in calories.
How do you make green beans taste better?
Green beans taste when tossed with olive oil, spices, and herbs (like thyme and oregano). They’re also great with garlic. Roasting them will bring out their natural flavors and make the texture perfect.
When are green beans in season?
Although you can find them year-round, green beans are at their peak from May to October.
More Easy Sides
- Roasted Purple Potatoes - delicious roasted potatoes with garlic and herbs.
- Mediterranean Grilled Vegetables - tasty tomatoes, zucchini, and onions made on the grill.
- Crispy Roasted Sunchokes - tasty and crispy sunchokes that have the most delicious flavor.
- Togarashi Fries - perfect if you love baked french fries.
Tips for Making this Recipe
Links on some posts are affiliate links and as an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Cooking Tips - I highly recommend using parchment paper on your sheet pan - it makes cleaning up so much easier.
Recommended Tools - Using a rimmed baking sheet is very helpful for this recipe.
Storing Tips - These roasted green beans can be saved for up to 3 days in the refrigerator. Reheat them in the oven to make them crispy again (I recommend against microwaving them).
Alternate Cooking Methods - You can make these beans in the air fryer as well. Cook them at 370 degrees F for 5 minutes.
If you try this recipe, let us know! Connect with us on Instagram and share your photos or leave us a rating.
- 1 pound green beans, ends trimmed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ cup finely shredded parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons panko breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place the green beans in a large mixing bowl and toss them with the olive oil.
- In a small bowl, combine the parmesan, panko breadcrumbs, salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, dried thyme, and dried oregano.
- Add the panko parmesan mixture to the green beans and toss to combine.
- Spread the green beans out in a single layer on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake the green beans for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 143Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 4mgSodium: 438mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 4gSugar: 4gProtein: 5g