We've rounded up more than 25 of our favorite healthy vegetable side dish recipes that are easy to make and ready to serve with dinner.
If you're looking for inspiration and are tired of boring sides, we've got some great ideas for you - including grilled vegetables, roasted vegetables, and some seasonal favorites!
Let us know what you make in the comments below!
Mixed Vegetable Side Dishes
- Mediterranean Grilled Vegetables - These delicious grilled Mediterranean vegetables are a perfect side dish! They're char-grilled to perfection and topped with herbs, olive oil, and lemon juice.
- Salad Shirazi (Persian Cucumber & Tomato Salad) - Salad Shirazi is an Iranian recipe made from chopped cucumbers, tomatoes, a zesty dressing, and dried herbs.
- Daikon Radish Cucumber Salad - This daikon radish salad with cucumbers is a bright and flavorful side dish. It has a zesty sesame and rice wine vinegar dressing.
- Artichoke Potato Salad with Dill - This artichoke potato salad with dill is fresh and filling. It’s a simple recipe and is largely hands-off, as the bulk of the time is spent roasting the potatoes.
Roasted Veggie Side Dishes
- Za'atar Roasted Butternut Squash -This delicious roasted butternut squash is topped with za'atar seasoning for a flavorful bite. It takes some time to roast the squash, but this is a simple and easy side dish to make.
- Smashed Brussels Sprouts - These crispy smashed Brussels sprouts are baked to perfection. They're a delicious side dish that's fun to make.
- Easy Roasted Beets - This roasted beets recipe is a super easy and delicious side dish. It takes very little hands-on time and is a hearty, healthy way to enjoy some root vegetables!
- Roasted Acorn Squash - This delicious roasted acorn squash is a great side dish! You can also roast acorn squash and use it in salads or soups. It's incredibly flavorful and hearty.
- Roasted Red Cabbage - This roasted red cabbage is a gorgeous side dish recipe! It's our favorite way to eat red cabbage - roasting it really brings out the flavor but also adds some great crunchy bits.
Grilled Veggie Side Dishes
- Grilled Baby Bok Choy Recipe - This tasty grilled baby bok choy is an easy recipe for a delicious side dish. It has a zesty, savory Asian sauce with a little chili kick.
- Grilled Asparagus Recipe - This easy grilled asparagus recipe is ready in less than 15 minutes. It's a fabulous side dish to serve during spring and summer.
- Grilled Corn and Black Bean Salad - This grilled corn and black bean salad is a delicious summer side dish. It's full of flavor and easy to make!
- Grilled Scallions Recipe - If you’re looking for an easy side dish, you’ll love this easy, grilled scallions recipe. The fresh allium flavor is delicious!
The Best Summer Veggie Side Dishes
- French Potato Salad - This French potato salad with green beans is a hearty side. It's full of flavor, has velvety potatoes, a fresh punch from the green beans, and added substance from the hard-boiled eggs.
- Summer Squash Tomato Gratin - This delicious yellow squash and tomato gratin is easy to make and results in a wonderful side dish with a crispy, cheesy topping.
- Blistered Shishito Peppers Recipe - You're going to love these blistered shishito peppers. They're mildly spicy and deeply flavorful.
- Turkish Potato Salad (Patates Salatasi) - This tasty Turkish potato salad is hearty and filling. The combination of bell peppers, green onions, fresh herbs, and kicky spices really makes this dish special.
- Shaved Zucchini Salad Recipe - This shaved zucchini salad recipe combines lemon, goat cheese, microgreens, and toasted pine nuts for an exquisite and luscious side dish.
Fall and Winter Vegetable Side Dishes
- Crispy Roasted Sunchokes - Roasting sunchokes to crispy perfection is easy to do and requires very little hands-on time! Sunchokes have a lovely, delicate and sweet flavor for a root vegetable and taste great when roasted.
- Fennel Gratin Recipe - This fennel au gratin recipe is quite frankly wonderful. This is a perfect side dish for a holiday dinner or a special meal!
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts - Roasting Brussels sprouts brings out all their flavor! This great, easy side dish of roasted Brussels sprouts is always a hit, whether you're serving it a holiday meal or a weeknight dinner.
- Roasted Beet Salad with Goat Cheese - This roasted beet salad with goat cheese recipe hits so many delicious flavor notes!
- Roasted Squash and Grapes - This recipe for roasted squash and grapes is an elegant and delicious side dish for the holidays or other special meals.
Spring Veggie Sides
- Sautéed Garlic Scapes - These delicious garlic scapes are sautéed with a little olive oil, soy sauce, and rice wine vinegar. It's an easy and quick side dish that highlights the flavors of the scapes.
- Shaved Fennel and Asparagus Quinoa Salad - This shaved fennel and asparagus salad recipe combines quinoa, Manchego cheese, red onion, and a zesty lemon dressing.
- Roasted Broccolini - This roasted broccolini recipe is a ridiculously simple side dish that tastes great. It’s ready in less than 20 minutes.
- All the Radishes Salad - This radish salad has four kinds of radishes! If you love the peppery, crisp flavor of radishes, then this is the salad for you.
- 1 zucchini, sliced into 1/2 inch rounds
- 1 yellow squash, sliced into 1/2 inch rounds
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 red onion, quartered
- 1 orange bell pepper, sliced into 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- optional - 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley
- Preheat grill or grill pan to medium-high heat.
- Toss the zucchini, squash, tomatoes, onion, and bell pepper with the olive oil, salt, oregano, garlic powder, and thyme in a large mixing bowl.
- Thread the vegetables onto skewers.
- Place them on the grill and cook them for 3 to 5 minutes or until grill lines have formed. Flip them over and grill for another 3 to 5 minutes until charred. Remove immediately and place on a large plate or cutting board. Allow vegetables to cool for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Remove the vegetables from the skewers. Drizzle the lemon juice over the top. Top with optional parsley, if using.
- Serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 114Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 322mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 3gSugar: 7gProtein: 2g