This roasted beets recipe is a super easy and delicious side dish. It takes very little hands-on time and is a hearty, healthy way to enjoy some root vegetables!
How to Use Roasted Beets
You can eat roasted beets on their own as a side dish or include them in several kinds of dishes! We love adding them to salads or combining them with citrus for a fresh and hearty dish.
You can also use them in unexpected ways, like blending them with tahini to make a beet hummus or using them in baked goods like chocolate cake or chocolate cupcakes. You can put them in pesto or pasta sauce too - check out this vegan beet pesto pasta.
More Beet Recipes to Try
Love beets? We do too! Try some of our other favorite beet recipes.
- 20 Recipes with Beets That You've Got to Try
- Beet & Carrot Galette
- Roasted Beet with Goat Cheese Salad
Tips for Making Roasted Beets
- Make sure to rinse your beets and give them a good scrub before peeling them. Beets are usually gritty and need to be cleaned before being cut.
- The cooked beets will keep for four days in the refrigerator. They are a great option for meal prepping.
- 3 medium red beets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Rinse and scrub away any grit from the beets. Peel them and then chop them into ½ inch pieces.
- Toss the beets with oil, salt, and pepper and spread out on a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes. Halfway through baking, toss the beets once to make sure they get cooked on both sides.
- Remove beets from the oven and allow to cool slightly before serving.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 94Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 1115mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 2gSugar: 6gProtein: 1g