These delicious roasted radishes are a wonderful side dish. Radishes are sharply flavored but still delicate root vegetables that benefit from being lightly seasoned and roasted.
If you have never tried roasting radishes, you must try this recipe! No other method of preparation brings out the sweetness of radishes like this.
This is a great alternative side dish to roasted potatoes - it has a similar texture of similar crispy on the outside and tender on the inside.
These delicious radishes are easy to prepare and make perfect side dish for a holiday meal, special occasion, or weeknight dinner. You can use them like any other roasted root vegetable in a salad or grain bowl.
This will be your new favorite way to enjoy radishes - it really brings out the delicate flavor and natural sweetness of the radishes and cuts some of the sharp peppery flavor.
This roasted radish recipe will work with any type of radish. I used Easter radishes for this recipe because I love the mix of colors. Regular red radishes (also called cherry radishes) found at your regular grocery store are perfect for this recipe.
If you want to use a more unusual type of radish, like daikon or watermelon radishes, you'll probably need to go to a farmers market to find them.
Here's what you'll need for this easy roasted radishes recipe.
- Raw Radishes (you can use any kind, but I used a mix of Easter radishes)*
- Olive Oil (you don't need extra virgin olive oil, regular olive oil will do)
- Sea Salt
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
- Red Pepper Flakes
- Ground Black Pepper
See the recipe card for quantities.
*If your radishes come with greens, try this sauteed radish greens recipe.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Using a sharp knife, slice the smaller fresh radishes in half and quarter any larger radishes.
Place the cut radishes on a parchment or aluminum foil-lined sheet pan.
Pour the olive oil over the radishes and sprinkle with the salt, pepper, garlic powder, and red pepper flakes. Toss to coat the radishes.
Spread the radishes out in a single layer, cut side down, leaving a little space between each.
Roast in the oven for 30 minutes.
Remove from the oven and serve immediately.
More Veggie Side Dish Recipes
If you love a delicious vegetable side dish, try some of our other favorites!
- Oven Roasted Root Vegetables
- Honey Roasted Baby Carrots
- Oven Roasted Okra
- Roasted Broccolini
- Smashed Brussels Sprouts
You can save roasted radishes for up to 4 days in the refrigerator when stored in an airtight container.
Tips for Making this Recipe
Links on some posts are affiliate links and as an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Cooking Tips - Make sure to cut your radishes to similar sizes. This helps them roast evenly. Also, do not crowd them onto a baking sheet - they need a little space in between them to get a crispy exterior. Use two baking sheets if you need to.
If you try this recipe, let us know! Connect with us on Instagram and share your photos or leave us a rating.
- 1 ½ pounds radishes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Using a sharp knife, slice the smaller radishes in half and quarter any larger radishes.
- Place the sliced radishes on a parchment or aluminum foil-lined sheet pan.
- Pour the olive oil over the radishes and sprinkle with the salt, pepper, garlic powder, and red pepper flakes. Toss to coat the radishes.
- Spread the radishes out in a single layer, cut side down, leaving a little space between each.
- Roast in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 58Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 331mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 3gSugar: 3gProtein: 1g