This roasted radish salad with a crème fraîche dressing is a wonderful springtime recipe with exciting flavors!
I know you might be skeptical of roasted radishes, but I think you’ll just love them. Radishes roast quickly (in just 10 minutes!), become very juicy and are much mellower than in their crunchy form. Another unexpected treat is that roasted radishes develop a beautiful, deep pink color.
More Spring Recipes You’ll Love
Tips for Making this Roasted Radish Salad
Serve this salad as soon as the radishes are done roasting, as they pale the longer they hang around.
When testing this recipe, I roasted a dozen radishes and then put them in the fridge overnight – they did not taste nearly as good and the color wilted.
Enjoy this delicious spring salad recipe!
- 15 radishes, halved (reserve leaves, if possible)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons sea salt, divided
- 6 cups lamb's ear lettuce*
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1/4 cup crème fraîche
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped mint
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 C).
- Cover radishes with 1 tablespoon of oil and 1 teaspoon salt. Roast in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Wash and dry the lettuce and divide between two plates. Add any reserved radish leaves.
- Divide the radishes evenly between each plate and sprinkle the pine nuts on top.
- Combine the crème fraîche, water, mint, and remaining olive oil and salt - briskly whisk.
- Drizzle the dressing on top of the salad and serve immediately.
*If you can't find lamb's ear lettuce (Mâche), you can use watercress or any other soft lettuce.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 231Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 18mgSodium: 1097mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 2gSugar: 8gProtein: 2g