This roasted broccolini recipe is a ridiculously simple side dish that tastes great. It’s a fresh side dish that's ready in less than 20 minutes.
Why You Should Make this Broccolini Recipe
This recipe is ready in less than 20 minutes. By roasting the broccolini you get some nice crispy bits and a very tender stem.
How to Choose the Best Broccolini
Broccolini (also called baby broccoli) is at its best from October to April, but it can be found in supermarkets year-round. The best broccolini is bright green, has firm stems, and no evident flowering.
Broccolini is a hybrid of broccoli and Chinese broccoli and has thinner, longer stalks. It has a sweeter flavor than broccoli and while its flavor is similar it also tastes a little fresher, and greener like asparagus.
The stem, leaves, and heads are all edible. Broccolini is often used in stir frys and can be steamed, sautéed, boiled, and roasted.
What You'll Need to Make this Recipe
For this recipe, you’ll need a couple of bunches of broccolini, some good olive oil, flaky sea salt, freshly ground black pepper, and a lemon.
How to Make this Recipe
Making this broccolini recipe is a snap - you just need to:
- Wash the broccolini. Give the broccolini a good rinse and let it dry.
- Toss with oil. Toss the broccolini with the oil, salt, and pepper.
- Bake. Place the broccolini on a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake at 400 degrees F for 15 minutes.
- Add the acid - squeeze the lemon on the broccolini before serving.
More Side Dish Recipes You’ll Love:
If you love a summer veggie side dish, you’ll enjoy these recipes as well!
Tips for this Side Dish Recipe
- I like to use a sheet of parchment paper on my baking sheet for this recipe. It's much easier to clean up and stops the broccolini from sticking to the sheet pan.
- If you'd like to add a little spice to this dish, top the broccolini with about a half teaspoon of red pepper flakes.
- 2 bunches broccolini
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon flaky sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees D.
- Toss the broccolini with the olive oil, sea salt, and pepper. Spread out across a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake the broccolini for 15 minutes or until the stems are tender and the tops are a bit crispy.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 159Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 1095mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 4gSugar: 2gProtein: 2g