This easy grilled asparagus recipe is ready in less than 15 minutes. It's a fabulous side dish to serve during spring and summer.
The asparagus gets a lovely char that adds great flavor. Tossed with sumac it gets a great kicky flavor.
Why You've Got to Try this Recipe
This fresh and easy side dish will be a family favorite. It's so simple to throw it on the grill with whatever else you're cooking.
It's perfect for the warmer months when you want dinner ready in minutes.
This recipe serves two, but you can easily double or triple it to serve a crowd.
What You'll Need to Make this Recipe
To make this easy side dish, you'll need a bunch of asparagus, a half teaspoon of kosher salt, a quarter teaspoon of ground pepper, and a quarter teaspoon of sumac.
How to Make this Recipe
This is a really simple recipe - it's ready in less than 15 minutes! Here's how to make it.
- Prep the asparagus - rinse the asparagus, snap off the ends, and toss it with the olive oil. Then sprinkle it with salt, pepper, and sumac.
- Grill it - Heat a grill to medium heat. Once hot, lay the asparagus flat across the grill and cook for 5 to 10 minutes until grill marks appear. Flip it once while cooking.
- Finish it - give it a squeeze of lemon juice and serve immediately.
More Asparagus Recipes to Try
If you want to enjoy more delicious asparagus dishes, check out some of our favorite recipe.
- Asparagus Puff Pastry Tart - a buttery puff pastry with fresh asparagus
- Shaved Fennel and Asparagus Quinoa Salad - a zesty salad that's veggie heavy.
- Spring Farro Salad - a bright salad with farro, asparagus, radishes, and broccolini.
Tips for Making this Recipe
Preparation Tips - Remove the woody ends of your asparagus before cooking, by pressing along the bottom of the stalk. Allow the stalk to naturally snap where it wants to.
Specialty Ingredients - This recipe calls for sumac spice - you can omit it if you don't have it, but it adds a wonderful, zesty flavor!
Storing Tips - While this dish is best served immediately, you can save the asparagus for up to 3 days in the refrigerator.
Alternate Cooking Methods - If you don't want to cook this on a grill, you can do it on the stovetop in a grill pan.
If you try this recipe, let us know! Connect with us on Instagram and share your photos or leave us a rating.
- 1 bunch asparagus, woody ends removed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground sumac
- half a lemon
- Heat a grill to medium heat (or a grill pan to medium-high on a stovetop).
- Toss the asparagus with olive oil and then sprinkle with salt, pepper, and sumac.
- Lay the spears flat on the grill and cook for 5 to 8 minutes or until tender and slightly charred.
- Place the asparagus on a serving plate and squeeze the lemon juice on top.
- Serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 69Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 540mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 0g