This radish salad has four kinds of radishes! If you love the peppery, crisp flavor of radishes, then this is the salad for you.
The bright, fresh flavors or thinly shaved radishes pairs beautifully with some mellow olive oil and parmesan cheese. It's topped with finely chopped pistachios to add some sweet, earthy notes.
Why You'll Love this Radish Salad
This radish salad with parmesan and pistachios is a kicky and flavorful side dish. It utilizes four types of radishes and their unique flavors and colors to create a stunning pastel colored dish.
If you're looking for a unique spring or summer side salad, then you've got to try this one! I've written before about my love for unusual salad recipes - and this salad is one of my absolute favorites.
Radishes typically have peppery notes that can be quite pungent, but by using a mixture of them you'll be able to pick out some sweet notes and some milder flavors.
Ingredients You'll Need
Radishes - For this recipe you'll need multiple types of radishes. I highly recommend using a watermelon radish and some type of purple radish (I used a purple daikon). I also used a green meat radish and several small red radishes. Green meat radishes can be difficult to find, but check farmer's markets, farm stands, or speciality produce stores.
Parmesan - You'll want 2 ounces of thinly sliced or shaved parmesan. You want the pieces to be large enough that they hold up against the radishes.
Pistachios - You'll use 2 tablespoons of finely chopped pistachios to top the salad. If the color is important to you, pistachios will be greener if you shell them yourself. Pre-shelled pistachios are easier but they tend to be a bit browner.
Olive Oil - You'll need 2 tablespoons of good olive oil (if you've got extra virgin olive oil use it on this).
Flaky Sea Salt - You'll top the salad with 1 teaspoon of flaky sea salt. Sea salt tastes great on salads and using one with larger flakes will really make a difference.
Other toppings - These toppings are optional but they do make the dish look good! You can use 2 tablespoons of microgreens and a pinch of black sesame seeds to top the salad.
More Radish Recipes to Try
- Daikon Radish Cucumber Salad - a beautiful and simple salad topped with a sesame dressing.
- Watermelon Radish Toast - a quick and easy breakfast or brunch recipe with goat's cheese and watermelon radishes.
- Radish Tzatziki - a unique take on traditional tzatziki with walnuts and radishes.
Tips for Making this Recipe
Links on some posts are affiliate links and as an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Recommended Tools - I highly recommend using a mandoline for this recipe. You'll get consistently thin slices and it will save you a lot of time chopping!
Specialty Ingredients - This recipe calls for three types of unusual radishes - purple daikon, watermelon, and green meat. I found these all at a local store that sources produce from farms in our area. I've also found similar radishes at farmer's markets and specialty produce stores.
Storing Tips - This recipe will keep in the refrigerator for up to 3 days, but I've found it's best the day you make it or the day after.
If you try this recipe, let us know! Connect with us on Instagram and share your photos or leave us a rating.
This beautiful radish salad uses four types of radishes to make a colorful and delicious dish.
- 1 watermelon radish, sliced very thin
- 1 purple daikon radish, sliced very thin
- 1 green meat radish, sliced very thin
- 4 small red radishes, sliced very thin
- 2 tablespoons good olive oil
- 1 teaspoon flaky sea salt
- 2 ounces shaved parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped pistachios
- 2 tablespoons microgreens
- pinch black sesame seeds
- Toss all the sliced radishes with olive oil and flaky sea salt. Let them rest for 5 minutes to marinate.
- Arrange the radishes in a low serving bowl or large plate. Toss with the parmesan and then sprinkle the pistachios, microgreens, and sesame seeds on top.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 190Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 19mgSodium: 832mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 3gSugar: 4gProtein: 8g