This radish walnut tzatziki recipe is creamy, delicious, and versatile - it can be used in all sorts of ways as a topping or a dip.
Tzatziki is a yogurt sauce found in the cuisine of several Mediterranean and Middle Eastern countries.
Why You’ll Love this Recipe
This creamy yogurt sauce is a refreshing topping for meat, rice, and lentil dishes, and it also pairs well with salad, fresh vegetables, and hummus on a mezze plate.
We've substituted radishes for the traditional cucumber in this recipe, because they still have the same fresh veggie crunch, but they've got more flavor!
This recipe also features toasted walnuts, which give it a richer, deeper flavor.
You can make a large batch of it and store it in the fridge for the week and add it to multiple dishes.
Ingredients for Tzatziki
This non-traditional tzatziki includes a combination of yogurt, radishes, toasted walnuts, dill, olive oil, lemon juice, and salt.
For a more traditional tzatziki, check out our cucumber tzatziki recipe.
What to Serve with Tzatziki
Want to use tzatziki as a topping or a dip? Here are some recipes that would pair well with it.
Tips for Making this Recipe
- Here's a guide on toasting walnuts if yours aren't already toasted.
- If you'd like a thinner sauce, you can substitute the greek yogurt for plain yogurt.
I hope you enjoy this yogurt sauce recipe - let us know if you make it. You can tag us on Instagram @thishealthytable.
- 2 cups (16 ounces) Greek yogurt
- 1 cup (8 ounces) radishes
- 1/3 cup (2 1/2 ounces) toasted walnuts
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Combine the yogurt, radishes, walnuts, dill, olive oil, lemon juice, kosher salt, and black pepper in a mixing bowl and stir till combined.
- Serve immediately with optional cut vegetables or pita or store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 146Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 5mgSodium: 601mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 1gSugar: 7gProtein: 6g